Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Talent
Two of four Security talent's subcategories don't quite seem to work. I am currently specced for maximum trap detection/disarming/lockpicking via talents 'and' traits. However, around level 60+ dungeons, neither seem to be effective at disarming traps. Here is a picture of my attempts to disarm a trap in a level 68 dungeon on the second floor.

Talents:
[Image: 2984e248e6.png]

Traits:
[Image: 248d48fb48.png]

While Disarm is presenting this issue, right after GR2 was released, I maxed out Failsafe first and tested it in a level 58 dungeon before I put points into Disarm. Failsafe claims that if you are at SR5 you will never trigger a trap. However I triggered a trap on the first box I touched in that level 58 dungeon. I didn't take a picture at the time but I believe I can replicate the issue and return with proof in a bit.

TL;DR: Disarm stops working at high enough levelled dungeons. Failsafe does not provide total immunity from traps at SR5.
Failsafe only prevents traps from activating when you attempt to disarm them, it will still trigger if you don't check/disarm a trap.

As for Disarm, it currently works as a roll; 15 per Rank, Trap Dismantler adds 10. Rolls 1d[whatever the total is], and if it's greater than the trap's level * 10, it disarms it. This probably means that in high level dungeons, you had a very low chance to succeed. I recognize it's a bit lower than intended, so I've changed it to 20% per Disarm, and 20% for Trap Dismantler. So in high level dungeons it should be around 60% success rate per attempt, or 80% with Trap Dismantler.
Cool! Good to hear about Disarm.

I may have poorly described my situation with Failsafe. Failsafe failed to protect me while I was disarming the trap, not opening the chest*. It seems like an extremely low chance within a specific level range but I will see if I can replicate the issue and repost it.

There's a small chance that the trap did simply go off from spamming disarm because sometimes, if you spam it too quickly, it'll mistake the disarm shortcut for a doubleclick and open the chest. However, in those cases, it will simply say 'XX has triggered the trap!' IIRC, the message I received in the lvl 58 dungeon said 'XX failed to disarm the trap and activated it.' or something along those lines. I will test and post soon!

(Edit: Fixed a typo.)
I was able to replicate the issue. I went to a level 57 dungeon, down to the second floor, and found a spike trap on a wooden chest.

[Image: cdfb394c5a.jpg]

It's a low chance but Failsafe isn't 100% protective at SR5.
"Neus" Wrote:greater than the trap's level * 10

^ what levels are traps? Are they the level of the dungeon floor you're on? If so, then even with 5 ranks in Disarm, and Trap Dismantler, you'd be pitting 1d120 against a target number of 600 in a Lv. 60 BDP.
Esther may be right... I went into a level 24 Castle to simply unlock a new class and decided to unlock a wooden chest.

[Image: 1e76842cb5.jpg]

I won't post any more of these, but finding a lvl 24 wooden chest to be too difficult to unlock seems quuiiiite off, with the current statistics.
Chest/trap levels are 1 + 1 for every 10 levels the dungeon has.