Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mage Fu
This thread is less about numbers/specifics and more about adding ideas some of the Mage spells, mostly Elemental compatibility and benefits with Elementals since Galren is the only one that has a unique benefit but there's also some mechanical tweaks. But I figured I'd throw in a couple of new ideas too.

Nerhaven -
Enchants yourself or a target party member with an elemental, increasing STR and WIL, and causing all Fire damage to inflict Burn (LV = 20% of damage dealt), lasts for 2 Rounds.

Explosion -
If enchanted with Nerhaven, field tiles and objects in the area are destroyed by the Explosion.

Talvyd -
Enchants yourself or a target party member with an elemental, increasing CEL and Move, and all Wind damage is 30% more effective against Airborne and Floating enemies.

Vyd -
Targets a tile within 4 Range, if an enemy is occupying the tile, they take Wind magic damage and then an Air Shaft is created on the tile, lasting for 3 Rounds.

If enchanted with Talvyd, casting Vyd on a tile with an Air Shaft causes it to rupture in a burst of wind, damaging and sending enemies Airborne within Circle (3) range of the Air Shaft. The Air Shaft is then destroyed.

Air Pressure -
Now also pushes Airborne enemies.

Redgull -
Enchants yourself or a target party member with an elemental, increasing CEL and LUC, and causing all Lightning Damage to reduce enemy Critical Evade (LV = 20% of Damage Dealt) for 2 Rounds.

Rye -
If enchanted with Redgull, Rye can now cause Critical Hits, however instead of dealing additional damage, it will splinter off, hitting another random enemy within 6 Range of the original target.

This effect can trigger multiple times, as long as a new target is available but cannot target enemies already damaged by this spell.

Stone Dragon -
Stone Dragon now hits all enemies in the line.

If enchanted with Galren, Stone Dragon carries enemies along the line with it. (Think of this like how Hirazuki works.)

Kraken -
Enchants yourself or a target party member with an elemental, increasing DEF and SKI, and causing all Ice damage to inflict Celsius (Reduces Move by LV, LV = 10% of damage dealt, max LV 5), lasts for 2 Rounds.

Miu -
If enchanted with Kraken, affected enemies will slip on the created ice sheets, sliding them to the end of the line (without breaking sheets created by the spell).

Famiuga -
If enchanted with Kraken, affected enemies will also be inflicted with Frostbite LV X (X = Rank*4) for 3 Rounds, causing them to take unresistable Ice damage when they break Ice Sheets equal to Frostbite's LV.

Elemental Augment -
Rank 1: 3 Damage
Rank 2: 6 Damage
Rank 3: 9 Damage
Rank 4: 12 Damage
Rank 5: 15 Damage

New Skills:

Shock Storm -
Nature Spell, Requires Rank 3 Rye

Conjure a localized storm over a small area at the target location, dealing Lightning damage to enemies within. (Damage is applied over multiple hits, but defenses are applied to the total.)

If enchanted with Redgull, this spell can cause Critical Hits, however instead of dealing additional damage directly, enemies will suffer Lingering Lightning Damage based on your Critical Damage for 2 Rounds.

Elemental Balance -
Main Class Skill

After dealing damage with an Offensive Spell, the target will be inflicted with Elemental Weakness to the polar opposite Element. (For instance, damaging an enemy with a Fire spell will apply an Ice Weakness.)

(Fire and Ice, Wind and Earth, Lightning and Water, Dark and Light are opposed to each other. Any other damage types will not gain any benefit.)

Each enemy can only have one Elemental Weakness from this Skill at a time. The effect lasts for 2 Rounds or until they take damage from the Weakness.

Rank 1: 5% Elemental Weakness
Rank 2: 10% Elemental Weakness
Rank 3: 15% Elemental Weakness

EDIT: ... Well, uh, kinda wish I posted this sooner. Oh well. :|
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Given that a large chunk of people looked through and helped tweak these ideas before the post was made, I need only say I support all of this.
Supported. Only gripe I have would be that Nerhaven be tweaked or maybe looked into; as it rather invalidates Fire Arrows in terms of archer (given one just increases a chance to inflict Burn; unless all of these will possible secondary effects wind up getting set to 'Infliction Chance' or something). Albeit Fire Arrow's burn might be stronger, just particularly not sure what would happen if they worked in conjunction, if one would override the other. Might have to be looked into. Just bringing this up as it is a 'somewhat' valid reason I feel, though I personally admit with it only being in my attention recently due to how I play a character that happens to utilize this, thus why the question 'pooped into my head' all of a sudden. I'm curious how it'll work in conjunction in terms of 'Inflicting Burn' etc.

Otherwise? All of it's good. Namely just concerned how the two will interact with each other. Everything else is perfectly fine and awesome. Full support.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!