Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shotgun tweaks.
I want to discuss the possibility of changing shotguns to be a more unique weapon type, right now they're just classified as single shots with less range and less critical and hit than an excel sniper, I kind of want to suggest a few changes to them to make them a bit more unique.

-Shotguns can be limited to a very short range, and will not benefit from Volley, volley formation, long barrel, etc.

-Shotguns can have better/worse damage in certain ranges, in 1 range a shotgun will have 1.25x damage, in 2 range a shotgun has 1.0x damage, in 3 range it has 0.75x damage.

-Shotguns can shoot in a new, unique cone-like formation, similar to how firthrower and jackhammer have unique ranges that set them apart from other guns, shotguns can shoot in an AoE in a very limited range, being short ranged AoE powerhouses that can obliterate clumped up groups of monsters.

Normal:
[Image: cd82a38471.png]

Enhanced Range(Can be implemented into a certain weapon part like Double Barrel, or into One Shot Wonder rank 5, or into a new engineer passive, into overcharge, anything really.)
[Image: dd93dc37d7.png]

Would this be too difficult to implement? Any thoughts? I thought this would be cool and push shotguns to be a real kick ass close ranged weapon, and give benefits to running a shotgun over a sniper rifle/jackhammer.
That sounds super cool, and it'd be nice to have a usable single shot gun other than the excel sniper. I'd totally support this.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm down for this as we've discussed before. We really need more unique stuff in that game.

Shotties would be 100x better than the current 'just a sniper rifle that doesn't have weapon charge and knocks back, lol'
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would probably tone the "Enhanced" Effect (I'll throw up a screenshot of what I would probably go for later if it's wanted).

You could probably get away with a .75x multipler for a 3-4 square range and add a .5x multiple for anything 5 squares or great within applicable range (so, 0.5x damage if ">=5&quotWink.

You could implement shells (as in Weapon Parts) or some such that would affect the modifiers for shotguns later on if the thread passing green-lighting.

Concern: Considering how Cobra interacts with AoEs (I think Sear and Crystal Rose are two examples that come to mind), I would like to make sure you're not liable to multiple hits (example: you're hit in the one-square range and pushed back one square, then hit again and you continue to have such done to you by a "wave" effect until you get to the end of the line. This being a draft example how it would interact on a character without Cobra). Granted this is more towards on how Dev decides to implement the actual targetting mechanic for it than part of the general idea/concept. [strike]Although it would be nice to see it give a big middle-finger to Cobra's procs.[/strike]

Other than that, it doesn't seem half-bad. It would be interesting to say the least. Although I'm not an avid gun-user in-game, shotguns could bear to have a little more given to them than what they have currently. +1
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Though if the enhanced ranged were to be a thing it could be a part of a new engineer passive or even when you use upgrade on yourself?

I don't know, the enhanced range thing would just be a bonus and doesn't seem too necessary, but rather just really fun and giving some love to a weaker rogue class promo.