Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A literal Global Bank (and twink rambling)
Sooo, why don't we have a proper one? Like in Ragnarok.
Not Donation items bank, a literal 'global bank' with a very limited space (like 3) where you can freely deposit and withdraw items/equipment/murai from all of your LV60 characters, and it's bound to your IP, rather than your accounts.

This would be pretty convenient and there are some situations where we are invited to be event characters (or you do wanna be one yourself) to put some motion in the 'oh so stale casual catgirl-on-vampire roleplay' we get everyday, but then we would love to play as this certain LV60 evil mastermind BK/Ghost who uses a Shizumare, but this Shizumare is in another LV60 char of yours, BUT you can't get it at all because of how twinking works, and have to grind for it or cry in OOC after the rarest thing ever, another player's mercy to share their equipments with you.

Also, twinking is the act of giving good stuff to newbie chars, right? So make it a condition where only chars who have LE'd atleast once (or twice, or even making it cost 5 legend inks) be able to access it. We already have something like that at 'no-LE chars disabled to use 10* items', so why not a global bank for this?

"Neus" Wrote:Purpose: The spirit of this rule comes from the idea that, because this is a roleplaying game, new characters should not get a head start above others because they're OOC friends with someone who has a horde of magical artifacts laying around. Characters should have to earn their own things, whether that's through hard work or well-done roleplay. Furthermore, decking out your alts in the best armor and weapons around is not roleplaying at all; it's metagaming, and should not happen at all, unless the only items transferred are donation items, which you can do whatever you want with.
Or is Twinking rule's real reason is for capped people to not stop grinding after equipment? Because if anyone mad enough thinks that's fun? Boy oh boy, I only see fun in roleplay, not in 'wasting' hours and hours opening random chests and praying for a crazy RNG to drop a weapon. And as far as I know, GMs have no way to overrule this game's 'mechanic' of forbidding alt-trading if the person in this case is using for a just cause.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Your character(s) shouldn't have an IC advantage just because your/your friend's other character(s) have extra items. Nor should your character(s) be interacting, because of OOC conflict of interest. There's a multitude of reasons why twinking isn't allowed but that's the main one.
I guess it's fair if you see it that way. But it can't be controlled? I mean, it's not always that someone can put a mask and play the villain to make stuff fun.

But eh, okay then, hope this contributes to twink comprehension.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]