Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spells and Durability
Can tomes get durability loss for casting spells that utilize their TOME POWER? It'd be really swell and at worst, considering fights are generally ended in 1-2 hits, maintenance will usually take care of it, if not. lolrepairpowder. It'd begin to balance them in PVE to an extent.
Sounds like Kigal is becoming the meta once again.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"Woe is me, I can choose between charge minding and casting and obliterating the field, or double/triple cast."

Or you can. You know. Just have a divine spell-edge/tome. Kigal doesn't .have. to be the 'meta'.
Would apply for Spelledge, or no? Because they already lose Durability since they are (haha, yeah) being used as attack weapons also. Divine Tomes would sound a lot cooler with this context.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Yes it applies to spell edges. Spell Edge weapon serve a dual purpose, being a 'tome' essentially and a melee weapon. If a person wants to use one of those for casting, have fun.

This would .also. make people choose between their perfect waifu rustic carapace sharp magical [Insert Name here] or a Divine version.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1824#p1824 Wrote:Rendar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 pm[/url]"]Kigal doesn't .have. to be the 'meta'.

It will be until people can either get the catalyst or find a divine version. But I don't see how this is fair since tomes don't get custom parts and melee weapons get that and don't lose dura for skills.

If tomes got custom parts. Sure, I'll get on board with this. If not, I don't see why tomes should become even shittier weapons than they are now.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"Even shittier weapons"

Yes, because a 1-3 tile attack that can deal a variety of damage types, including SOUND, ignore defense and instead go against resistance, is 'shit'.

As you can recall from the other thread, weapon skills that perform basic attacks do not expend durability, they instead expend a decent bit of FP < usually >, and have to perform a hit check.

Spells perform varied damage with high levels of range, do not have to pass a hit check, can hit numerous ( If not the entire field/9 enemies at once ), leave debilitating effects such as Ice tiles, Sear Tiles, Slow Down, etc... etc... Sure, they spend FP ( usually miniscule compared to the max FP mages generally have, 400~500 usually ).

Now, tomes getting custom parts? Sure. Why not. Can't hurt. Why exactly are you so opposed to 'find divine version etc' Thats what people do already. Except with a Rustic Sharp Carapace/Magmic Magical [Insert Name Here]. Magical [Insert Name Here] weaponry will still probably be the 'meta'.
Spells cost FP, normal attacks don't. I don't think spells need an additional cost of durability. Spells might need to be rebalanced, but not in this way.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1831#p1831 Wrote:Sawrock » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:13 pm[/url]"]Spells cost FP, normal attacks don't. I don't think spells need an additional cost of durability. Spells might need to be rebalanced, but not in this way.

100% this.
*loud burp*