Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astral Millenia.
Astral belt lasts a very long time, Normally I have no problem with this, but for classes that don't have access to this skill and get it from a buddy or pre-belt themself, they'll keep it as well.

Is it possible for Astral Belt to expire at the first round if it isn't equipped in your skill pool?
Yeah, as it stands Astral Belt will persist regardless of if you actually have the skill or not, meaning you can apply it then swap classes.

This seems more like an oversight with how persisting status effects are, I know the ice point skills will fade if you don't have them, and Astral Belt is nearly as effective, so...
Well, Astral Belt can target allies too, don't forget. Allies who probably won't have the skill equipped.
Well it's mostly because it persists through battles, what if only the status was caused by yourself, is that possible?
Yeah, I'm aware it can target allies, this makes it even more of an issue because then it becomes a buff you can pass around to your friends for a bunch of rounds.

Unless that's intentional. Just seems a bit overbearing when in a PvP scenario, this means people can walk around having a +10 DEF buff at all times regardless of their class setup if they didn't need 5 SP in Mage somewhere else or had a friend with Astral Belt (god forbid they had a spirited one so it'd be +12).

Also, having it rely only on if it was by yourself doesn't alleviate the issue of potentially swapping out Mage entirely and still having the buff up. Sure, you can't refresh it, but it lasts for 13 rounds. Most fights will end in half that time if that (in PvP).
I think it's an understandable concern but also one that's difficult to address with this solution, because it is supposed to let mages be supporty to party members, more so in PvE scenarios than PvP.

Could always make PvP battles strip you of buffs (perhaps as a fight option), since Astral Belt is really only the most generically useful boost you can get this way.
Hmm, I think Spars stripping you of all non-god loyalty buffs(or hell even those, what god looks upon a spar other than maybe Zera) could be a preferable alternative, and fixes stuff like pre-charging excel weaponry.
only on non serious spars

serious spars are all gloves off, Fair fights don't exist.