Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Ass Is-... a conveniently located green forcefield
Simple solution to simple problems: can we have Flanking bonus apply if the target:
  • Is facing away from you (as it is now),
  • or has their behind against a wall/dense object and is facing you,
  • or has one of their enemies directly behind them,
  • or is knocked down, possibly? Not entirely sure about this one.
And can we have Cutthroat usable under the same conditions?
Yes please, ass-to-invisible wall strategies have been allowed to live for too long.
yeah let soldiers have their watchful eye gimmick and own it
I'm all for Flanking applying to people who put their backs to a wall or solid object.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Having your back to a wall shouldn't automatically mean that "OH NOEZ. I AM IMMEDIATELY ABLE TO BE CUT THROATED!!!"

That's dumb. Having your back to a wall is exactly the opposite of being flanked.

Now, if you flanked someone (aka two people on opposite sides of one person) who has their back to the wall? Yes. Use the general term of flank, meaning being attacked on two fronts.

Not this stupid thing.
Having your back against the wall is generally considered a bad thing, something backed up by my own experience.

Semantics aside, pushing your ass against an invisible barrier should not prevent you from being stabbed in the neck, but you're free to your opinion.
I don't know, I could see some penalty for being on the edge of a battlefield (such as with the new talents), but I don't think this is the best one. It takes away a strategy element of being able to protect yourself as a mage, for example, by being able to cast Stone Dragon behind you and creating a rock that covers your rear from backstabs.

Also, you can get the flanking bonus anyway by moving to their side, so that's not really an issue where borders are concerned.
Yeah, I don´t mind some sort of punsihment for invisible wall hugging, aka battlefield edge.

But I don´t think things like Icepoint/Rockcreation to cover your back should be punished, it´s a valid strategy afterall.
Battleedge wall hugging is just silly, doesn´t cost momentum to set up or anything.

So yeah. +1 for INVISIBLE wallhugging punishment.
I think the map borders are a huge issue here, it mostly becomes prevalent when facing BKs and Duelists, stalemate and riposte being a huge defensive wall for these two classes, and the ability to get behind them pretty much being necessary.

That being said, I absolutely hate how the melee game has turned into literally everybody moving behind you and attacking, but honestly that's a whole 'nother topic.