Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE] Account Sharing
A few people have been wondering this so I was going to ask in the other thread, but it's locked.

Is giving old accounts away fine as long as it's a one way thing, i.e. key is not actively shared, has the password changed, etc?

I assume it'd be fine (especially with a PM sent beforehand), but obviously it's not worth the risk without finding out for sure.

I don't plan on doing it myself, but I know a lot of people have old characters they don't know what to do with.
It's probably still not in your best interest to do so. It causes confusion for GMs, for example, if one of your known alts has a different player on it and they are causing mischief; they may assume it's you, since it was your key, instead of someone you gave the key to. This could lead to you both getting banned, even if you did nothing wrong. For the moment, I guess it's not against the rules to give away keys provided there is no active sharing going on and no 'one-way' swaps back and forth (IE, if you were to give away a key, you should never have it given back to you or access it ever again). And if you give the key away, I'm not going to help you in any way should you want the key back, or forgot you had donation items tucked away on it somewhere that you forgot, or anything like that. So do it at your own risk.

Note that this may change at a later date.