Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craftable Gear
Know what'd be cool? If tailors could craft a lot of the gear resist stuff that is around.

The mountain boots/firewalkers would be using certain materials and the % bonus would be based off of your tailoring skill, capping out at 30% every so often without masterworking it. However if you Mastercraft it, it gives 5-10% extra resist, OR actual qualities.

Enchanting would also be cool if we could break down basic shit for basic catalysts like "+2 CEL" from boosts of swiftness or "+1 movement" that can be tossed to other boots.

Crafting needs love. Lots of it.
I don't think it's a good idea to make the equipment with qualities that get 'rolled' like the DR boots capable of being capped just by crafting them. For one thing, it devalues them as loot, which isn't something that needs to happen.

Second, I don't want to make it possible to 'break down' special effects of items because again, certain items fit certain niches and being able to chimera item effects is kinda OP.

That said I would like to make crafting more interesting and varied, and am thinking about ways to do that, usually. Item customization was one of those ideas, and there will probably be more additions like that down the line.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1887#p1887 Wrote:Neus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:05 pm[/url]"]That said I would like to make crafting more interesting and varied, and am thinking about ways to do that, usually. Item customization was one of those ideas, and there will probably be more additions like that down the line.

I personally liked toying with the idea of having different crafting stations for different types of crafting. IE; separating woodworking, tomes, and tailoring from the anvil. I know it's probably currently for convenience, but it's very unrealistic. Considering we're making paper and cloth on an anvil.

I wouldn't mind resubmitting the Woodworking Table or Loom for that purpose (or trying to make new / better icons for it), I just don't like how... unlifelike crafting is right now, let alone how there's little to nothing to craft that people will actually buy from players.

Rebelling helps make some of the crafting items more desirable, in my opinion. Especially since it really increases damage through power.

Tomes, also need some love because they're... really undesired weapons.

In a basic jist, for now, my common ideas on crafting are;

[*] Separating crafting types to different stations, allowing for more realism, and new things for houses, maybe even new buildings in certain towns. IE; Woodworking to Woodworking Station, Tailoring to Tailoring Station, Tomes to Alchemy Table (but keeping the enchant skill as their crafting type). No more, "CLANG, CLANG, I made a book", please..

[*] Giving tomes either new chapters (since we can't craft either Isespian pages, or Mercalan ones) based on element, (Carapace makes Huggessoan or something). Or give them new craftable chapters that effect them in some manner, IE; Control Chapter -2 FP to all spells.

Or

Cutting Spell Power increased by Weapon Power in half, and then allowing them to have custom parts.

[*] Making some, or even just the basic guns (Autopistol, Shotgun, etc) be craftable. And if that's too much to ask, make them cap at 1 positive quality. As if you've gotten it from a dungeon.

[*] Adding some of the items from 5* rarity or lower, something around that, be craftable and leave the extremely rare stuff to the dungeons / cores.

[*] Open Doraington and turn it into a farm where you can rent land plots, grow foods (or other mini-games to get food materials), or turn Chaturanga into a large food / material market. This not only either gives a new town to be open, but gives more purpose (so people actually go there) to a town that already exists, and makes crafting food not so difficult seeing as you need to dungeon dive to even get materials if you don't have a Portable Kitchen.

[*] Make seaweed able to be caught while fishing, and open up some other fishing spots so people don't have to go to the same place all the time to do it.

Those are just some things off the top of my head, but they'd be really helpful in all aspects, add more flavor to the game and roleplay, and it's something. I'm really turned off by how the game is currently nothing but dungeon diving, not saying I don't like to from time to time, but I feel like other things to do, like advancing crafting and making some other minigames to fluctuate the society would be fun and open the game to a new integration of players.

Though, I suppose I can spend on time on making some of these things possible with what help I can, and brainstorm any other ideas I have later on to help crafting and make it more of a desirable activity.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I like alot of ryu's ideas on this.

I'd like either harder to craft chapters.

or

book customization.

also its REALLY hard to find a lot of things nowdays since people hold onto them now that the loot table is so damn huge.

remembers those fans that give % bonuses, haven't seen one in ....months

I haven't seen a red letter, circle ring, or the anti immunity gauntlet drop in forever either.

or dragon stuff.

so heres a couple of suggestions for crafting books

A guide to guns.
gives recipe for
handgun, autopistol, shotgun, and a non excel version of the excel sniper with similar stats.

The art of fans
Gives fan recipes
Fans would require metal and cloth for dagger types, and cloth and wood for tome types.

Astrological designs
craft recipes for the magic weapons. these would be very difficult, finally a challenge for those with maxed out weaponsmithing

The bandits handbook
craft recipes for bandit weapons.
Those are nice, but I don't think the magical weapons should be craftable.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Fans, guns, and Bandits Stuff. Not that Bandit Gear is exactly 'good' but who cares!
Uh, you can't craft bandit stuff, Sderg. You have to steal it. Dumbass.

(If you don't browse these forums very often and are reading this, I am being humorous, not a jerk.)
So what you're saying is... the only reason it's bandit gear, is because we STOLE IT?!