Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Scrap
Holy was in a pretty odd spot before, and now with Possession and Divine Sign, it really needs some tweaking.

Currently, anyone considered Possessed receives a massive 75% extra damage, whereas vampires receive 50% extra regardless of being possessed or not.

I suggest the following changes to Exorcism:
  • Vampires take 25% increased damage.
  • Possessed take 25% increased damage.
  • Undead take 50% increased damage.
And remaining the same:
  • Bright Darkness still lowers damage taken by 25%.
  • Divine Sign still increases damage dealt by 25%.
These are intended to be additive, so that a Possessed Vampire will take +50% damage by default.

These numbers may need to be tweaked at a later date, but with the pending change to the calculation, I believe these are a fair spot for testing.
If we make having over 100 essence cancel out brighter darkness, sure
Considering the hit-and-miss nature of Exorcism, it doesn't really need a nerf. A source or two of Possessed, however, could be adjusted.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:If we make having over 100 essence cancel out brighter darkness, sure

Agreed.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
An idea for brighter darkness from myself would be something along the lines of

Quote:With this trait you will take -35%(+SAN%, to a maximum of 0%) damage from holy weapons, this number cannot reach below a 1.0 modifier.

Basically all it means, is that at 10 SAN(The average for having 43 APT), a vampire will take 25% less damage from Holy, and makes it feel as if the stronger the vampire gets racially, the less this trait will help them against holy weapons, I think this'd please just about anyone, and juggling exactly 100 essence to get your buffs is kind of aggravating.

It'd essentially be negated after 35 SAN, but the trait would still be useful to these vampires, as it still provides 5% light resistance.

Otherwise I agree with the above, as one of the enchanters a lot of people go to on the server, I've seen about 60-70% of the game's population switch their weapons to holy because it's a situational 75% damage increase, and deters anyone else from trying to run possessed at this moment unless they're a vampire.