Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tickle grenade launcher
at max rank the grenade from the grenade launcher skill does 50% fire attack and 30% scaled attack, as an 3 tile circle.
is this a joke?

Explosion does 140% fire attack +100% scaled weapon attack to all enemies in a 3-6 circle,

it should atleast be equal to explosion.

also comparing fir , and flame thrower

fir 120% fire attack 100% scaled attack

flame thrower 90% fire attack 100% scaled attack

not as bad but its starts at 50% at rank 1
Uh no, it should not be equal to explosion, it's completely unresistable damage, similar to retaliate.

I'd prefer it be 50% fire attack and 50% scaled weapon attack, there's a reason the numbers are so low.
50% scaled attack and 50% fire attack will at best case scenario 75 unresistable fire damage

thats sad, useless
In best case scenario? Hardly.

80 fire attack, mutated narcus for 100% scaled weapon attack and you have 60 scaled STR.

50% of 80 fire attack would be about 40 damage

Scaled Weapon ATK = (X% of [scaled stat(s)]*1.5) + (Power + Upgrades).

So that'd mean the Narcus would be 60*1.5 + 20(Not the exact number but an estimate), +6 from upgrade, equating to:
116 damage

So now we take the 40 from fire attack, add it to 116 and get 156, but it doesn't stop there, we also get +18 from explosive art.

174 unresistable fire magic damage

That doesn't seem very low to me.

So yeah, I think 50% fire ATK and 50% Scaled Weapon ATK is more than fair.
you just gave me the best damn case scenario with a mutated extremely rare sword
80 fire attack isn't average, 60 scaled strength isn't average, you need around 70 strength to actually pull that off,

also 50% scaled weapon attack is 1.5x narcus weapon attack its 0.5 x the actual damage is 90 damage

people at best usually have 55 scaled str with equalish scaled skill. the skill should be balanced around actual guns not what it can do in a fringe case with a mutated sword that gives it the most easily optmized scalings.

Edit: heres my suggest 100% fire attack +100% of scaled weapons attack
we give them a Firthrower which is 45/45 str skill, their fire attack is 65, their strength and skill is a scaled 55
their firthrower is upgraded to 22 power +6 from upgrade.

okay here we go
65+ (55*.9) =114.5+ explosive art= 134.5
which is completely fine.

Btw of course I gave you absolutely best scenario, a firthrower is about 10% less scaling than a narcus

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:50% scaled attack and 50% fire attack will at best case scenario 75 unresistable fire damage

thats sad, useless
Grenade Launcher's damage is limited because almost nothing can stop the damage it does; what you get from the attack formula alone is very much what you'll get when you actually use it. Not to mention that it's an infinite bomb source. Being able to do 3-digit damage with an unstoppable damage source is incredible; being able to do 3-digit damage with an unstoppable source each and every turn, up to two times, without losing any momentum from resist messages, is absolutely insane.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
As an aside, for Fir vs. Firthrower, the former deserves to do more damage. Fir is a spell and costs FP. Firthrower is a weapon and does not cost FP.
uh no
I was referring to the flamethrower skill that costs fp