Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chest traps are broken!
So i got a 60 level char, going in to a 60 level dung from chaotic key. I got max disarm, keen eye and failsafe but for some reason traps on chests are too strong (my character realises the trap is too hard for her to disarm and aborts it) even though i can flawlessly disarm any ground traps there, on every floor. Whats wrong?
Edit: every chest trap is too difficult! even the ones in jammer cave!
Can you do something?
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Anyone?
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
Hold tight, Devourer of Souls is a busy man and will work on it when he notices and reads this, until then, you'll have to strong-arm through them.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I added a debug message to the disarm message in 1.64c, let me know what it says.
I went and checked, and apparently no message gets printed when you try to check a chest that has a trap on it.

If you check a chest for traps that -doesn't- have one on it, you get a proper reading.

In my case, I tested on chests in a 65 static dungeon, and it read:

Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 105.

Yet I can't disarm any traps at that level, nor does it tell me anything in the debug when I'm attempting to disarm them.
Check the debug message in 1.68c when you try and disarm it and let me know what it says.
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 1 (VS DC 70).
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 3 (VS DC 70).
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 3 (VS DC 70).
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 2 (VS DC 70).
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 2 (VS DC 70).
Debug: Trap level is 7. Success rate is 5. Roll was 5 (VS DC 70).

Multiple attempts on a chest in a 65 dungeon, disarm is maxed and I was using a grade 7 lockpick with both trap-related traits.

Same character on a chest from the Jammer Caves.

Debug: Trap level is 1. Success rate is 5. Roll was 5 (VS DC 10).
Debug: Trap level is 1. Success rate is 5. Roll was 1 (VS DC 10).
Debug: Trap level is 1. Success rate is 5. Roll was 3 (VS DC 10).

It seems like it's impossible to roll anything higher than 5, while the DC is 10 at the lowest. I tried another 30~ odd times but never got a roll higher than 5, so, I'm leaning toward that being the case.
This should be corrected.