Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Look at all this nothing"
Chaturanga... if you go south of the mage guild you'll notice a GIGANTIC PIER... Yet nothing's done with it... Why does Chaturanga not do fishing contests? It'd make for at least SOME reason to go there, right?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Or boats to places like Dormeho.
"Esther" Wrote:Or boats to places like Dormeho.

Adding boats to take you to places would be a nice feature to see. *coughs* Egwyn. *cough*

Especially considering how there should definitely be more options to travel than just either by foot or by teleportation; at least more in-game things to reflect that such options actually exist and can be used as such reliably.

To be honest, I've almost-always wanted to see a mechanically similar transportation method in SL2 that iRO has with their air ships. The ships run through a circuit of "locations," with an instance on the ship(s) themselves and at certain times you'll either be in-flight/sailing or docked at one of said locations.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Final Fantasy XI had departure and arrival terminals, and actual times and schedules for its boats and airships. Players would buy a ticket and wait for the boat to arrive, board, and then they'd be on the boat until it got to its destination.

Pirates would even occasionally attack the ship, so players had something to do (if they were high enough level, and be deathly afraid of if they weren't) while the ship was in transit. The boats, at least the sea routes, were also prime fishing spots where you could catch things you couldn't catch anywhere else.
Boat travel would be anonymous and allow wanted people to travel