Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Dragon Remains and Armour Effects
To start off, I'd like to ask two questions that I'd like to have this thread revolve around:

1. Considering the only access to the material (Dragon Remains) prior to this update was through the "Dragon" Swords (Narcus, Ensui, Setsuna and Kirosh). Does this devalue them -and- the material having resource nodes that reliably give the material?

2. What should be the effect Dragon Remains have on armour (if any)? As of currently, it's listed as nothing differentiating from Iron (most likely because it was exclusive to the Dragon Swords before now). Example below:

[Image: 47e25a76c9614b0db1e2471afbf0cac1.png]

------------------------------------------------------

1. Personally, I'd like to see some of the resource nodes removed from the static location they're in and for the node to have a harder collection rate (if it doesn't already), so that we you're still conflicted on whether or not you should disassemble any "Dragon" Swords you receive as loot.

2. I have no idea what effect (or special effect) it could have.

EDIT: In retrospect this probably could've been posted in Balance Fu. Sorry about that.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Don't forget accessories.
You cant craft the Dragon swords, thus they aren't devalued, they are still annoyingly rare 8 stars in 8 star hell, also disassembling them had a 0% chance of dragon remains until now, this makes your first arguement null.
Well now that Dragon Remains are a thing, I think it'd be nice if breaking down the Dragon Swords now gave Dragon Remains.

As for what Dragon Remains could do for non-Weapons, how about:

Armor: +3 Armor, +3 Magic Armor, +8 Weight
Accessories: +1 Armor, +1 Magic Armor
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Agreed.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Quote:
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:You cant craft the Dragon swords, thus they aren't devalued, they are still annoyingly rare 8 stars in 8 star hell, also disassembling them had a 0% chance of dragon remains until now, this makes your first arguement null.

This was more towards the item (swords) vs. material idea as of now (not then). You have somewhere between 20-30 resource nodes all near each other and that give you a 1-per for Dragon Remains, which replenishes over-time while the swords give 0-4 while, like you said, are not too common. While it may be a new material: it's not particularly hard to get (which is what I was trying to lead into).

As for Slydria's post, it seems like a decent base idea.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Bump, this needs to be something other than Iron for armor.
Accessories that are 'metal' in nature still have no effects when given Dragon Remains.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I don't really want to put armor effects on accessories, so they'll just have to be decorative materials for accessories for now.