Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inaptitude
Currently when you increase your aptitude through a modifier of somehow (Vamp shell OC, Upgrade, etc.) then your scaled APT won't increase at all(meaning you can't just get a free +1 by statting right), I think that's fairly balanced.

However when your APT is decreased by some source, then your Scaled APT will also go down, making you lose more stats than you should, I think this should change and it should work both ways, where in that when your Aptitude cannot be decreased or increased at all.

Sources that decrease APT include:
Installing a youkai (This is such a pain to deal with, if you can please fix this.)
Being struck by vamp shell Overcharge
Being hit by Goose Bite

And these are the only things that have all stat modifiers to effect APT like that, that I know of, at least.
Aptitude, Guile and Sanctity. Those three should be immune to debuffs, because it doesn't make any sense to stab or shoot a Kaelensian and then out of nowere they can get blinded, or a Lich lose their crit immunity because youkai shenanigans. Or someone gets shot and loses brain cells on how to crit or flank people? That's silly imo.

So I agree here too, while adding GUI and SAN to the factor.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
No sillier than having a blind-immune race in a game with blind-inflicting skills involving sand bleeding and scratching your eyeballs, or a cloud of eternal darkness surrounding your face.

Sorry, but no matter how golden they are, you can't see out of eyeballs obscured by blood or darkness. That's not how eyesight works.
While I don't disagree with Snake's post, I think focusing on Aptitude is the more important issue(thus I brought up the thread), lets not diverge into anything else thank you.