Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
statistical equality
Blind only effects hit, in real life someone throws sand in someones eye, then catches them right in the side of the cheek unaware.

with that in mind Blind should affect Evade just as it does hit.

Fear should as well.
Blind doesn't need to be even .more. of an end-all-be-all status effect.

Fear doesn't need to be either. Fear already gives a lot of nasty penalties and bonuses depending on class.
Fear I can agree with. But if you're blind, generally your other senses kick in to do your eyes' job. Fear can cause you to freeze up, makes sense. And it'd give more of a reason for people to buy my damn liquid courages.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
only if you have those senses trained well enough.

when you are in a dark room with no lights, essentially blind, have you seen the game show about that...people cant even dodge the fucking wall infront of them.

Dodging requires you being able to see the attack coming and avoid it, without that sight, you are not running at 100% faculties, maybe monks should get a passive that makes them immune to blind's evade bonus, I mean we have all heard stories of blind monks giving no f##%s, but not everyone is going to be that mofo.
Blind fighting trait.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

forgot about that

it would work the same likely then.
Fear: Adrenaline. "Fight-or-flight." If you're too scared to effectively fight back, getting the hell out of there makes more sense than just waiting to die. I'd argue that a penalty to evade would make zero logical sense. If anything, I'd argue a small evade (or strength; adrenaline rushes, after all) boost would make far more sense than an evade penalty.

Blind: I don't care how good your hearing is. Someone can punch you in the gut far more easily if you can't see them. And it only get deadlier if they're armed. I propose an evade penalty at 1/2 the hit penalty (So 50% Normally, 25% with Blind Fighting.) Also, possibly negate this for Oracles, since they may have seen it coming before they were blinded. Naturally, you can still hear a weapon whistling through the air, but you'll never be as effective at avoiding that blow, via block, parry, or dodge, if you can't physically see it.
*loud burp*
^
[]
[]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1936#p1936 Wrote:Ranylyn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:48 pm[/url]"]Fear: Adrenaline. "Fight-or-flight." If you're too scared to effectively fight back, getting the hell out of there makes more sense than just waiting to die. I'd argue that a penalty to evade would make zero logical sense. If anything, I'd argue a small evade (or strength; adrenaline rushes, after all) boost would make far more sense than an evade penalty..

Being scared stiff is entirely possible. And normally when adrenaline kicks in, people get stronger and have that danger sense that unlocks more of their potential when they are about to die. IE; Instinct / Rising Game.

It's not a farfetched idea to be less coordinated while afraid.