Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: November (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
When is the Voice's birthday?

Also, something a bit imposing, but:

When Ashe said that Mercala was the essence of all Life, and therefore she is the goddess of all Life, in what capacity is she truly the goddess of all Life?
Was Mercala the original progenitor of the nomadic race of humans before the Gods came from the Void?
Or, was she simply responsible for bringing verdure and such to Sigrogana planet (therefore, a big part of life) when she convinced Nairyf to plow a sun into a sword (assuming the intensity when there were two suns was immense, and considering the environment now, it can be safely assumed that Sigrogana was pretty much a wasteland back when two suns existed)?
And how much does she have to do with the mortal soul/soul in general (or in some cases, pseudo-immortal souls barring undead and un-undead)?

It's okay not to answer these because they're somewhat specific, but a bit too much about Mercala's lore is a bit obfuscated (even if the debates are fun). Feel free to clarify what you can. (Don't worry I wont' ask about Doriads.)

Also, you did mention That Big Tree on Mersales. I'll try not to ask for specifics, but a bit of lore would be appreciated for the religious elves that may exist in the meta-canon. What can you tell us about That Big Tree? Any practices? Anything at all you may have already drafted up/come up with?

Also, one more thing: since Mercana can't be used to scan/sense for any variable or invariable internal injuries, contusions, or sickness (I honestly don't see why not, especially in the case of a very powerful healer of sorts, and if being used directly on the patient aside from cues), would Ki be able to? If not, are there any Karatynn technologies that would be able to?
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Alright this would be a question most old vampires would know, was there truly ever two suns or is it just a fairy tale given with some magic sword?

Also to ask for a quick mechanical stats into the RP environment, how strong with earth magicks would a geomancer have to be to sunder a mountain with little effort, or to sunder a mountain at all with little time.
In the abberation spear's description, a demonic insect is mentioned as being used to make the thing, is the spear just literally made of the insect's body? Also what is the insect like, does it control lightning? Is it massive in any way? Would the monster be strong at all?

Where do dark bards originate from? Any specific nation?
How big is the Cellsvich Forest exactly? My initial impression was that it's fairly massive seeing as how you could fit about 6-7 copies of Cellsvich in it, not to mention it stretches across a good half of the continent going west to east and stopping at a great lake.

EDIT: I'm for-certain this has been brought up in another thread or in an OOC discussion with you (although I doubt it was in the Lore Threads, I tried to Ctrl+F and couldn't find it via key words), but for the sake of consistency: Are Hyattr allowed to have horns and/or tails as well as wings? I can almost remember horns being okay'd (I think you said mainly for the sake of pictures of playbys without them being fairly hard to come-by).

EDIT: When vampires mist, do they head to the closest available spot to re-appear? For instance, if they were killed in-doors or in a cave system, they would materialize again shortly there-after, possibly a fair-enough distance away from their killer if the structure permits it. (mainly asked to prevent Vampires cheesing and saying they mist away to another place entirely)
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
When it comes to Void Poisoning affecting a person, if that person or thing has substantial dark resistance, would the effect be lessened? Is Void magic something far more sinister than just Dark magic, or separate altogether?
I may as well throw this here since someone was asking yesterday:

Does the world have any kind of developed sign language? Or is it basically limited to expressive gestures to try to convey basic things like "Look" or "Stop?"
*loud burp*
Form my question last month I was referring to cities the only named city I saw in the lore was Dragonfield, the Capital is unnamed(and not on the map you provided). Saying you're from Bloody Bay, the Bycoast or Black Nest is fine. But Saying you are from somewhere near Red Gate but not Stargaze Step seems really unnatural to me. That was it.

Anyway moving on to actual questions.

IN the Racial description for Papillons it reads "Although some claim these individuals are nothing more than phantoms of the woods..." what is meant by that? Where is the support of this theory? Where is it popular? I assume it means that people think that they are not humans and just external agents of the woods like a group of evil buggy doriads.

What goods does Egywn typically want from the outside world? And what are the most common imports from there? I mean I assume most of the world wants there coffee and maybe body parts from some of its animals but is there anything notable beyond that?
1,000 Counts of 27.
[strike]Since I'm a mess, I completely forgot if this was answered or not, but:

Does Light magic originate from Mercala? Does Dark magic originate from Huggessoa? We already know that Fire, Water, Earth, etc. originate from the elementals, but is this also true for Light and Dark? I have a feeling this was answered before but I can't remember. . .

And if originating from elementals, could we have their names?[/strike]

this was actually answered in-game lol but if you have anything else to add that'd be great too--
More Vampire stuff.

So we know becoming a vampire cures diseases and whatnot, but what about curses?

Since there are Elves and Vampires old enough to know, what was the world like before the Enlightenment?

Vampires being the political sort, do they generally operate as some kind of collective, or do they just kind of do their own thing for the most part, or what? If there's a group, can we get some kind of hierarchy listed?

Which races can't leave behind ghosts after they die? What about animals and such?

How unusual are sentient magical talking pets, since that's what most pet kits are used for?

Given certain story events I think it's fairly safe to assume "familiars" exist, so can we get some information on them? How they're created, what they can be used for, etc.

Other than what's represented ingame, like the elemental buffs and item enhancement, what are some other things you can do with enchanting?

How are polygamy/adultery seen in the eyes of the law/church/general population? (Preferably in more detail than "It depends on the region/culture.&quotWink