Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Melee Weapons and General Weapon Skills
So, for various reasons, you might want a ranged weapon in your main hand and a melee weapon in your off hand. You could be an Arbalest. You could have an Ether or Divine melee weapon and need Maintenance for your Ranged weapon. You could have the melee weapon to facilitate one single skill, and not have Sub Attack. There's various possibilities.

I was recently talking with someone who had to scrap a Vampire Arbalest. Why? Banquet and Bow Hit penalty. Banquet hits at 1 range with the equipped weapon. Only 1 range. Bows get a hit penalty at that range. Thus, all he could do was equip another weapon, go Banquet things until he had 100 Essence, and never touch Silvermists and the like again.

Or, I have an Engi/Kensei who has a Mainhand Gun and an Offhand Sword. She has the strength to do decently with the sword and all, but it's Ether and the gun isn't, so the gun needs to be in the main slot. But Riposte and Repel both hit with the gun, and scale on Str instead of skill. While I actually like this on my MG/G with his shotgun, on my Engi/Kensei, I do wish there was a way to make the sword hit, instead.

I also imagine Tacticians might run into this issue sometimes, since their reliance on Tomes for making their skills good = "Huh.This gets wonky with some subclasses, like BK, Duelist, and such."

Oh, and Forgeries. Can't forget Forgeries.

Proposal: A toggle trait to disable main hand weapon use for skills that can work with any weapon, to allow the off hand weapon to be used in these scenarios instead.
*loud burp*
Suggested this soo long ago, Idk why it was never added, it seems simple enough.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]