Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geist Shit
Despite the skill descriptions referring to "basic attack skills", as far as I know:

Geist Schritt (Eins) only works against Attack/Sub Attack/Special Attack.
Geist Schritt (Zwei) works against Geldoren/Power Gradation/Ether Invitation/basically every "basic attack skill" in the game, except for Sidecut/Sillcut/probably Aliagmato?
It says basic attack skills, not skills which perform basic attacks as part of the effect. They're still blocked by GS2.

Could be changed but as far as it being a bug, it is not.
Just to weigh in; it may feel like it makes Zwei too all-encompasing, but it also offers classes heavy on basics some counterplay without taking autohits purely FOR dealing with GS, since their moves are divided up.

I personally have no issue with it as is, but I understand why some would *shrug*
*loud burp*
Eins works against those three rarely used things, while Zwei works against almost everything else in the game, so I definitely think it should be changed.

Sidecut/Sillcut/presumably Aliagmato aren't stopped by either of them, so that 'offers classes heavy on basics some counterplay'.
"Soapy" Wrote:Eins works against those three rarely used things, while Zwei works against almost everything else in the game, so I definitely think it should be changed.

Sidecut/Sillcut/presumably Aliagmato aren't stopped by either of them, so that 'offers classes heavy on basics some counterplay'.

I don't think it should be changed so quickly. Duelists and other heavily basic reliant classes are able to make Geist a coin flip by deciding between a normal attack or one of their skills. Things like cutthroat, power gradation, repel, and hanging let you take the risk without throwing out something that's entirely useless. Changing Eins to encompass all of their attacks that matter will leave several classes in the same situation as mages are with Zwei -- waste momentum attacking with a tome, or pray you have a spell that bypasses Zwei entirely. That means spamming the ever living piss out of one ability if Geist is used against you.

However, changing Eins would obviously eliminate ambiguity with how the skill functions, and Zwei is undoubtedly far more powerful than Eins. I doubt anyone would argue otherwise on those points. If balance tweaks aren't going to be done to Geist Schritt as a whole, though, I'd opt to leave it as is to avoid the polarizing issue several builds already have with Zwei.
I think this is more Balance Fu at this point so I've moved it over there.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]