Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinu 1
Ever since the change to let Kinu 1's charged super Chaser be saved for a later turn, Kinu 1 has been a little... stupid.

Pre-GR: Kinu uses Chaser to prepare for an attack. You attack, and then move. Safe. Even if you didn't move, you might have been taking 60 damage tops. 40 for a Soldier with a breastplate (Protip: Don't party for Kinu 1 since no one gets it and eats Chaser and dies and holy hell the attack is so stupidly telegraphed why are people stupid)

Post-Change Kinu: Kinu uses Chaser to prepare for an attack. You attack, and then move. Kinu doesn't use Chaser due to a lack of valid targets, and moves into position. Next turn, you eat an absolutely absurd attack unless you just keep running away, which opens you up to Hellhound Hariga (which is actually completely capable of dunking some characters.) If you stop moving, you take 90 damage.

Don't get me wrong. While harder than ever, Kinu 1 is still bearable (or even easy) for probably 95% of characters. It's just annoying. If there's no purpose to Kinu charging and telegraphing it since you can't just avoid it anyways, why not change it to a normal 120% chaser instead of it doing roughly 300% the damage of her normal attacks?

EDIT: And before anyone compares this to MG, you can't physically get MG before level 20 unless you're already LE'd. Kinu 1 is level 10 and a boss most people encounter at levels 8-11.

--- ROUND 3 ---
[REDACTED] recovered 2 FP.
[REDACTED] recovered 8 FP.
Kinu's turn.
Kinu points her sword at [REDACTED,] then swings it to her side, holding a stance.
[REDACTED]'s turn. (This turn was the movement to escape the chaser.)
[REDACTED]'s turn.
[REDACTED] recovered 45 HP.
--- ROUND 4 ---
Kinu's turn. (Uses Chaser. Action cancelled.)
Kinu's turn. (Moves into position)
[REDACTED]'s turn.
Kinu takes 32 Light magical damage.
[REDACTED]'s turn.
[REDACTED] attacks Kinu with Chorus and hits them!
Kinu takes 27 Light magical damage.
--- ROUND 5 ---
Kinu's turn.
[REDACTED] takes 91 Slash physical damage (HOLY FREAKING HELL, THEY HAVE 120 MAX HP. This would have spelled an instant loss if they couldn't outheal Kinu's basics, or if Kinu ever got a single crit.)

Compare to Kinu's normal attacks:

[REDACTED] takes 30 Slash physical damage.

Suggestions:

1) Change it back.
2) Give Kinu 1 Normal Chaser instead of Superchaser
3) Reduce the scaling on Superchaser a bit.
*loud burp*
Finally, the 'nerf Kinu' topic has arrived.
"Neus" Wrote:Finally, the 'nerf Kinu' topic has arrived.

I know, right!? I'm amazed, myself. Moreso that it was about Kinu 1 and not a later fight.
*loud burp*