Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're Grounded
Similar to Guard Break, can we have Knockdown negate parry skills for the duration?
Giving a 'Guard Break' on an enemy, you're destroying all possibilities to parry, block and defend, leaving them wide open. But KD, you can still dodge and use your DEF to reduce damage, Wraithguard too; So raising an weapon to parry wouldn't be a big deal while flat on the ground, imo.

Don't think so, in my part.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think you can still parry people from the ground, but it'd be significantly harder to do, I'd prefer a compromise where parry chance is halved.
Knockdown gimps the shit out of evade, does nothing to tanks, wraithguard is basically magic, the only source of Knockdown that even cares about parries is deadly smile, on guard exists, and the only way to disable parries is guard break.

I don't think this is anywhere near good enough to require a compromise, but halved sounds fine enough.
Knockdown is just that - being knocked down. While you don't have your full range of motion, you can still move your arms and legs to kick at your enemy or try to stop them from attacking you.

Halved makes infinitely more sense than making KD even more powerful than it is. Yes, On Guard and Kip Up exist, but they exist purely because KD is that good that it needs ways to mitigate it.
*loud burp*
Well, parry chance being halved sounds nice. Yeah.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think parry skills have enough holes in them, and I don't think KD needs to be much stronger than it is.
Parry skills have holes, but no counters beyond "stab them in the ass" which is usually the optimal choice anyway, and now Guard Break which is rare but still more accessible than this would be.

Knockdown is a strong status effect indeed, but this interaction is so out of the box I can only think of one existing character that could possibly benefit from it, and that's a Monk with a sword. Which still has a weapon that can't be parried.

(And no, "just switch to a different weapon lol" is not a valid counter.)