Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character I Made - Developer Please Respond
Thirty minutes ago I made a "Fred Fred Burger" like character named Gordon Gordon Hanz. As an alias I put "Big Fuzzy Mascot," ensuring that yes, someone is in that costume and it was even in the appearance tab and after five minutes of roleplaying I was sent a warning by Slydria. I understand that other people have done similar characters like mine and yes, I know how god damn annoying a character like this can be, but the excuse as making someone like FFB, "Being too much," doesn't sound like a proper reason to not allow this character. I deleted the character just in case to avoid problems.

I actually planned on making Gordon a martial artist tank. Cause why not.

I know this confirmation is weird but if I can get a reply from a Developer for a simple "Yes you can make him," or a "No sorry you can't," that would be much obliged.
"Skyeris1" Wrote:I know how god damn annoying a character like this can be
:|

I wasn't around to see it, so for argument's sake, I'm going to assume this was a properly roleplayed original character. GMs basically make the rules and characters can be shut down for something as minor as one of them thinking your picture is too provocative, so I don't think this is going anywhere.
"Soapy" Wrote:
"Skyeris1" Wrote:I know how god damn annoying a character like this can be
:|

I wasn't around to see it, so for argument's sake, I'm going to assume this was a properly roleplayed original character. GMs basically make the rules and characters can be shut down for something as minor as one of them thinking your picture is too provocative, so I don't think this is going anywhere.

Perhaps I should've changed the picture then. Because it literally was a picture of the character. I could try to find something else. But I'd rather play it safe.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
Look, what you were doing was a pretty blatant copy of Fred Fredburger and that's not allowed. Using a playby is one thing but when you're doing similar things the character does, acting the way they do... No.

And frankly, yeah, if you're acting implausibly stupid, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to come down on that. And I really don't think there's a reason to bug Dev about this just because I told you no.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
"Slydria" Wrote:Look, what you were doing was a pretty blatant copy of Fred Fredburger and that's not allowed. Using a playby is one thing but when you're doing similar things the character does, acting the way they do... No.

And frankly, yeah, if you're acting implausibly stupid, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to come down on that. And I really don't think there's a reason to bug Dev about this just because I told you no.

And I understand, however, then if I can't do this character, you have to remove the Sans, Gaster, Papyrus, Frisk, Chara, Ness copy cat characters.

Because I saw them a couple days ago.

Now if they were already warned, I do not know this.

I do apologize for making a copy, but those copies shouldn't exist either.
Again, using a character's picture is fine but if we're talking about copying more than that from the character, then yes, that's a problem.

I don't suppose you have anything more to that other than I saw them? Who the players were, what they said that you thought is going too far or anything else that might be helpful?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I'm sure they've been warned numerous times if they're acting too closely to the originals. (Most people are smart enough not to, though.) It's also worth noting that FFB to GGH is still the same name twice in a row, which is quite blatant.

If they have not, it's because people have the GMs on messaging programs like Skype or Discord, and can see when they're online, and only play them when they're not. (I know this sounds extreme, but I've busted rulebreakers in the past that were doing this - specifically people partying with themselves.)
*loud burp*
I'll keep my eye out for them. I'm still rather new to SL2 even though it's been a couple months but I'll tell you if I see anything. Thank you for your time.