Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Concern] Seeing Double (House Exits)
I've noticed a strange bug appear after it was mentioned there were backups made of houses to prevent loss of save files.

[Image: a4552b592a4145ffbc9956dd502c0ea0.png]

Can we check to make sure houses aren't being double-loaded? At the very least, this is worth investigating. Considering house files are copied right now (and most houses having more than one floor to them, sometimes several) as the server reboots. It would make sense for this to contribute to the "Lag" issue.

EDIT: Upon server reboot, the left-most exit remained. Considering I don't own this house lot in the picture I can only assume two entrances are created upon load-up and the extra is stacked above it.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
An interesting theory, I'll look into it.
http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f...erg3#p6941

This was tied back to this awhile back. It's stillll happening so. Unsure what to say about all this.
After some investigating I did conceivably come up with a way that this could happen which may or may not explain why sometimes, rarely, houses oddly turn black or whatever. I made some changes as well as some optimizations to the saving procedure that will speed up the game when houses unload; as for the main issue, the only way we'll know is to wait and see what happens. I've re-enabled automatic house backups since we have central control now.
What version is this change noticeable in? 1.68b?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
No, it'll be in effect in 1.67c or whatever the next version is.