Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampires and possessed
Oh I was just putting the evidence out there as an arguement for why Vampires don't need brighter darkness at all
Not all vampires build sanctity.

Not all vampires use lunarlunatism.

This is a thread about brighter darkness and it being OP because you can just avoid the penalty of using spirits.

This isn't a thread about lunar lunatism.
Brighter Darkness shouldn't lower Holy damage if you're possessed.

Holy should do less damage in general, though.
"Rendar" Wrote:Not all vampires build sanctity.

Not all vampires use lunarlunatism.

This is a thread about brighter darkness and it being OP because you can just avoid the penalty of using spirits.

This isn't a thread about lunar lunatism.

^

We could just make it to where it only applies if you're flagged as a Vampire. That way Items that flag you as Under-Possession -and- Chimeric Bands nullify Brighter Darkness.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think it not applying while you are possessed is fine.
"Chaos" Wrote:If I recall correctly, becoming Possessed overrides your race, so to speak.

Of course, I'm probably wrong on this, so I'll just say that Possessed should be knocking out Brighter Darkness to begin with.

Then becoming Possessed should be knocking out every other buyable racial trait for every race, since you're no longer of the race required to buy that trait.
Except that's not what happens lmao.

You become [MainRace] (SubRace)

Vampire (Possessed)
Felidae (Possessed)
etc.

Vampires gained the Brighter Darkness trait because some people complained about metagaming and wampires getting rekt by Holy. So, they nerfed Holy by adding a required trait for Vampires. However, due to this, it created the advent of said Wampires installing drowned woman, and the like, because "lololololol I ONLY TAKE 1.25x BITCHES"

This is now taking it back to pre-nerf, because you are taking the extra damage for just existing. However you have powerful racials to counteract that. You can't get to add extra things ontop of that, and still only take the 'existing' damage.

You weak to that shit.
If you're Vampire (Possessed) then you're still a Vampire, and thus, still qualify for the trait.

Holy's ~existence~ is kind of silly to begin with. The fact that it approaches nearly 200% of normal damage in the hands of a priest with the traits invested is a slap in the face.

All Bright Darkness does is bring Holy back to its unmodified 175% in the hands of someone specced to use it, and reduce it to 150% in the hands of someone who has invested nothing but their enchantment slot in it.

Even if you consider vampires who are summoners, that's their class decision, and it's ~still~ putting Holy at 125% of normal damage. If you could enchant your weapon to deal +25% bonus damage, you know you would.
First things first, Possessed Vampires are not supposed to resist the Exorcist enchant any better than any other race just because they have a racial for it.
Second things second, Vampires 'will' have a bad time against Curates and Solmancy for a IC and In-Game reason. That's the price they must pay for their 'power and immortality', and it is kind of fair since Vampirism can't be forced on anybody and it is more of a choice you know it will have drawbacks.
Third things third, lol charm.

Now back to topic.

Can anybody prove me Vampire doesn't stack with Possessed? Like, anywhere Dev said Possessed becomes the 'race' instead of Vampire when you get installed or DK?
If it stacks, then that may justify the reduction because the numbers would be too high.

If that is not the case, I don't see why the Bright Darkness trait should even be enabled in Possessed Vampires under an Install or Death Knighting. If anything, this sounds like an exploit of the trait to lower the damage they take, while nobody else can do this. While the real purpose of it is completely another thing.

But anyway, case closed by Dev.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Esther" Wrote:Holy's ~existence~ is kind of silly to begin with. The fact that it approaches nearly 200% of normal damage in the hands of a priest with the traits invested is a slap in the face.
Holy only works for basic attacks, and only when it's applied against its target audience. In fact, it's a prime reason why public Vampires are not a good idea: not only does the lore state that most vampires stay out of the spotlight, but the Church has several tools to use against them. As a Vampire, your best defense against Holy is not letting anyone know that you're a Vampire. Once you go flaunting your race, you've opened the door for others to justifiably wield Holy weapons against you.

On the other hand, I think Holy should not be something that you can slap onto a weapon and call it a day over. If just 'more damage vs. these guys and nothing against others' is making Holy an easy choice, then I'd suggest balancing Holy with a -25~-50% damage modifier against any race that wouldn't trigger the 50~75% damage boost.

In either case, you really shouldn't be gaining the benefits of Brighter Darkness when you're not only a Vampire, but also Possessed. If you want to argue logic about this, then consider that a 'Possessed Vampire' trips not one, but two conditions of a Holy weapon.

P.S. Holy gives +50% damage at base.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye