Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Chance
Can the 'death damage ignore' apply in this case, like, it will nullify further damage from multi-hitting attacks of this one instance before leaving you at 1% HP?
Another reason I want it to be 1% HP is because of after-turn effects like Shock Collar killing you before you can even react properly.

Now, let's say you have 40 HP, the enemy is marked the enemy with Claret Call, the enemy uses a Rapid Kick or a Mad Chop that hits up to 6 times. All those six attacks will fail to put you under 1 HP (or 1% HP).
Same to multi-hitting guns or Dagger Dance with the elemental augments. All of it's attacks will fail to bring you down until they're done.

Like, it will make you 'immune' to death for the whole attack instance of the turn, then put you back to 1 HP (or 1% max HP) after the Claret Call is consumed.

A demonstration of what I mean:

Quote:Attacker's turn.
Attacker uses Rapid Kick!! (3M) vs Dummy (40/500 HP)

Dummy takes 20 Blunt physical damage. --Dummy (20/500 HP)
Dummy takes 20 Blunt physical damage. --Dummy (1/500 HP) *Last Chance passive activates to turn unit immune to death.*
(flavor text to warn Last Chance activated) But Dummy refuses to go down!!
Dummy takes 20 Blunt physical damage. --Dummy (1/500 HP)
But Dummy refuses to go down!!

*Claret Call consumed, Attacker is Unmarkable*
*Dummy recovers 1% of his maximum HP after Last Chance is spend.*

Attacker's turn.
Attacker uses Rapid Kick!! vs Dummy (5/500 HP)

Dummy takes 20 Blunt physical damage. --Dummy (0/500 HP)
Dummy is dead.

End of battle.

It can or not be that spammy, depends on people's point of views on it, if it can end or not in being an eyesore.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Or we could try making a Conditional to where if you have Rebound equipped Last Chance will nullify the rest of the attack instance and heal you by Scaled Res (like how Rebound does) and nullfiy your Claret Call (and place it on CD) for all instances present in the battle despite only healing you for one instance of Rebound.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Diz thats a nerf

It should only consume 1 and heal for 1 or all and heal for all.
I like it the way it is. It should have counters and work-arounds, and that's how it currently is.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Diz thats a nerf

It should only consume 1 and heal for 1 or all and heal for all.

That actually isn't a nerf, it just turns it into an auto-triggered Rebound with more restrictions (IE healing for one and all become Unmarkable -OR- a Cooldown for Last Chance is triggered but I'm not fond of the idea of being able to Last Chance and then still Rebound from the others that aren't in Cooldown - I know I would at least be one of the people to "abuse" that mechanic for sure) in trade for nullifying the rest of the damage instances in the multi-hit attack against you and keeping you from dying.

Not to mention Scaled Res is better in most scenarios as compared to the 1% HP Snake suggested. A 700 HP character for example, would be left at 7 HP after the effects of the Proposed Last Chance. If you were to take Scaled Res instead you would typically wind up somewhere between ~20 to 45 HP (if you're counting the RES bonus from Rebound's interaction with Rising Game and that you're at least a 4 Base Res Race with very little Res Investment or 36 into Aptitude).

It would make LC a bit more powerful considering how most classes now sport their own instance of multi-hit attacks (the only ones that are used in the purpose of offense that are a bit dry on multi-hit, with things like Lingering Damage included, are Kensei IIRC).

EDIT: Or we could just take the sour-puss way out and leave it as is, this also works. :
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Sawrock" Wrote:I like it the way it is. It should have counters and work-arounds, and that's how it currently is.

But Saw, 1 HP and an extended Unmarkable makes it not worth even having in your skill pool, even more now that multiple-hitting is so accessible. Have you never been frustrated by the way Last Chance rarely does what it is supposed to do? Don't be so afraid of those small changes, it will just make the skill more thematic and worth, something like 'this guy is a Ghost not because of Ether Invitation spam, but because he 'can' survive from sure death'. :c

Heck, even a newbie can have a multiple-hitting weapon if they want. Just do the Time Capsule quest for the Swordmaster's Ring, and bam, their basic hits can now ignore Last Chance, making the skill nigh-useless. Because even if you survive with 1 HP, it will still be the Attacker's turn, and they can 'easily' finish you off if their first-turn multi-hitting tool didn't.

[quote="Exxy"]
Not to mention Scaled Res is better in most scenarios as compared to the 1% HP Snake suggested. A 700 HP character for example, would be left at 7 HP after the effects of the Proposed Last Chance. If you were to take Scaled Res instead you would typically wind up somewhere between ~20 to 45 HP (if you're counting the RES bonus from Rebound's interaction with Rising Game and that you're at least a 4 Base Res Race with very little Res Investment or 36 into Aptitude).

It would make LC a bit more powerful considering how most classes now sport their own instance of multi-hit attacks (the only ones that are used in the purpose of offense that are a bit dry on multi-hit, with things like Lingering Damage included, are Kensei IIRC).

EDIT: Or we could just take the sour-puss way out and leave it as is, this also works. :
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
How about last chance removes your from the battle field like a ghost when it procs, then on your next turn, you phase back in.
Exxy: I would never use Last Chance in PVE again if it worked like that. It may not be a strict 1v1 nerf, but that is absolutely harsh against multiple opponents, as you would not only be unable to rebound the lot of them, but would also get locked out of all your skills requiring marks.

Lolzy: How would this work when the Ghost is the only combattant? Don't battles end when one side is empty?

Honestly, I'd rather just keep it the way it is. Ghost doesn't need to be more frustrating to go up against than it already is: Last Chance having it's workarounds is fine. (And this is coming from someone who considers Ghost one of their favorite classes.)
*loud burp*