Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Power
One hundred percent agreed with Soapy. All of it. Every last detail.

Spoilered in case someone wants to skip my trademark paragraphs:

Speaking from personal experience, my characters have no IC reason to reach that top percent. They can't dedicate themselves to fighting as much as most other people, with personal obligations (family, jobs, etc) so it'd be complete and utter bullshit for them to become the best. For example, one of my most well known characters is an oracle who works with farmers and merchants to try to anticipate famines and natural disasters. This character has a permanent dent in their forehead (overed by bangs) from PVP gone awry. And why should they have won, really? It's only fitting: Bite off more than you can chew, and get destroyed.

That's not to say this character always loses, but their builds are gimmicky and they find rather limited PVP success for obvious reasons. But it makes perfect sense for them; they spar for training, to better themselves, but it's not all they have going on. Doesn't mean I don't PVP, though, it's just roleplay to not be amazing at it. Even when my characters do have a very strong IC motivation to improve (For example, I have someone who wants to ICly murder a decently well known character over their actions, because the law will do nothing) why would a character made in 2016 have the skills to take down someone who's been consistently active and sparring since 2013, you know?
*loud burp*