Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon King set
Since the GR, the dragon king set bonus has been lackluster, 10% of medium STR numbers is actually not a lot and not worthwhile of some torso or accessory slots, I think the effect itself should be revamped slightly.

So I think the effect should be shifted from STR to the new Two-hand talent, granting a 2.5% bonus to scaled weapon attack per piece of this set equipped. (This bonus would be doubled by weapons being over 20 weight, etc.)

Also perhaps a new piece of the set is added, a glove slot?
What about having the Dragon King set increase the STR soft cap by +5~10% per equipment?

It's not as versatile, but it would certainly make the set a good choice for STR builds.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I see your point, as high STR builds would benefit from that, but they'd still really only be gaining 2 or 3 scaled STR per piece equipped, not really changing much but giving a teensy bit more STR to a pure STR build.
I've brought this up before (with little success): http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...335#p16696.

EDIT: People were mostly for the idea but it was never addressed much past the OP, in retrospect I'm tempted to say it can do with something a little more than have bonuses affect it to make it worthwhile again.

"Exxy" Wrote:One of the things that got swept under the rug was the Dragon King Set Effect. Why? Two main reasons:

- Diminishing Returns give incentive not to increase the stat much farther past the Soft Cap in most instances.

- Most builds have some Strength attributed from Aptitude. The current Set Effect does not take this into calculation.

------

Suggestion: The new effect takes into account your Base Strength (post-stat allocation) and your Aptitude Bonus to Strength (as well as the bonus from items/Class Skills only IF they did previously - I don't think they were a factor before, though).

It would also go off of your Strength pre-DR. Meaning if you have 80 Strength pre-Diminishing Returns, you would get a full +4 from one of the items from the Set.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I could see it increasing the soft cap for STR by 3 or so per piece.
That'd be good, yeah. More pieces would be nice, though.
I think that'd be good enough then, though more pieces would be nice, let's have some true Dragon lords running around in full sets.
If it increased the soft cap by 3 and gave 3 maybe, still feels like a far cry to the old impact.