Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Potato Auto Post-battle Re-Equip
Meant to post this a long time ago. Forgot. Never saw anything about it in the update notes. Assuming it's unchanged.

Hot Potato is actually more useful for grinding than you might think, for the following reasons.

- Constantly re-stealing common spells to make up for the three you just lost.
- Emptying a hand for either Empty Palm or Two-Handed after that burst.

But the downside, besides the obvious "It breaks?" It STAYS unequipped after the battle. Some party leaders won't want to wait and start moving right away - and if you go into the menu to equip it, they bitch at you for getting the party back attacked because it restricted the party's movement. Nobody is happy with that.

Could it just be re-equipped automatically?
*loud burp*
Do you really want it to re-equip a broken weapon automatically?
Does it unequip unbreakable weapons like divine daggers? I'm curious.
Dev: Emergency Maintenance is basically the only reason I posted this, actually. My answer would be no if not for Emergency Maintenance.

Spo: I've never checked but I'm assuming so, since no other combat-related skill in the game, to my knowledge, full-on unequips gear, even if it's broken. (Even Improvized weapon just temporarily replaces it for a few turns.)
*loud burp*
Ranylyn does bring up a good point about emergency maintenance, and divine daggers do exist, I think there is some merit to actually re-equipping the dagger if it doesn't already.
Have it leave the dagger on the ground after the spells go off. If you want to re-equip it, you can do so by walking over it. If you want to leave it on the ground, you can do so by not walking over it.