Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: December (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
Questions for next year! Hue Hue Hue, Merry Xmas!

1- Can a 'Kigal' be made from the replica, by a mage who worked on it for over a whole lifetime until death, or is it simply something that cannot be achieved at all without divine intervention like Ashe's Vajistra?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
1. Do Vampires endanger their secret identity if they use Silvermists or Lunar Lunatism? Or is it something that can be subtle and unrecognizable even to people who are trained to know about Vampires?

2. Would a basic 'Sleep' spell exist? I imagine it would be a fairly basic illusion spell, but it'd be good to know if that were actually the case.
It's been said before that you can't loop around the world, and references were made to the 'known world', so, this leads me to--

What prevents someone from looping around the world?

What encompasses the known world, and what lies at its very borders (if this isn't answered by the prior question).
Do lizardmen have genitalia?

Do they copulate like regular humanoid creatures?
Though answered, I figured it'd be appropriate to paste what I asked Dev directly about spirits here:

Is it possible to preserve a body for say, years?
What happens to a body after the soul leaves it?
Is it possible to return a spirit to their original body? If it is, is there a time limit on it?

Quote:Preserving a body for a long time can be done, just look at real life.

Spirits are a different problem entirely. Spirits don't leave a body until the body is dead. Once a spirit leaves the body, unless there are unique circumstances, it is pulled into Lazarus.

A spirit which is a special circumstance has almost no memory of their actual life outside of the circumstance that causes them to linger. A possession involving a spirit of a mortal would be simplistic and single minded. The only exceptions to this sort of thing are divine souls.

Once a spirit has left a body, that means the body is dead. The dead cannot be brought back to life, unless it's Mercala or something and she acts quickly.

Just look at Dullahans, they are essentially spirits tied to an object but they have no memory of their previous life for the most part and most of them follow a similar rule where they're just 'mad' and single-minded.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Wtf is a divine soul
Is there a figure like Santa for Yuletide?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
If there's no doctrine, what are some common aspects of Huggessoan worship/worshippers (if there are any beyond "they likely wear funeral attire&quotWink?

Are Doriad capable of actually creating plants, or do they just make existing plants/seeds grow really fast?

Can anyone else create/control plants in such a manner? (I'm guessing Druids, but they aren't in yet.)

Is luck an actual 'statistic' in Sigrogana, beyond Redtails? On that note, are Redtails actually capable of stealing it?

Quote:Losing your life in the pursuit of greater power is not very praiseworthy or intelligent, and so liches are not allowed to be peers in Karaten.
Is this universally true, as in Karaten despises all liches without exception?

Not exactly a lore question, but how do you suggest Oracles RP being able to see the future, since the player obviously can't?

The only thing I've really seen done is having visions of 'possible futures' which is... kind of useless. My (basically ripped from a tabletop RPG) idea was, as something is happening/about to happen, (roll dice to) decide if the character saw a vision of it earlier, and if so, whether they took reasonable steps in hopes of affecting events.
-How strong are the teeth of Wyverntouched and Vampires? Are their fangs in particular stronger than the rest of their teeth?

-Mechanations with fake blood. For obvious reasons it's not something that would replenish itself biologically, but could this replenish itself magically? Would say, a Vampire be able be able to feed from this, if the 'Blood' was rich in focus?

-Is it possible for Vampires to shield themselves from the sun's draining waves with weak magical barriers or wards, almost like a parasol?

-Both Hyoya and Oniga are known for their skilled swordsmen. Which city would hold the title for undisputed best swordsmen in the world, though?

-Speaking of Hyoya, what type of rule is present there? Is there a noble family with claim to the city, or simply some kind of mayor?

-In regards to 'Hyoyan justice', is the ordinary citizen allowed to carry out these acts of vigilantism? Or is there a special military police in charge of disposing of unwanted guests?