Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell thief - Spell Snatch - Steal last spell casted
I propose that spell thieves spell snatch ability steal the last spell cast rather than a random one in the huge, huge arsenal that a magic user would have.

1. This would make the spell thief actually dangerous against mages without having to rely on the very unreliable 'snatch spell' since it can only steal certain target spells.

2. Make spamming the same spell over and over dangerous against a spell thief.

Thoughts? Comments?
[Image: tenor.gif]
I kind of like being able to steal a random spell because

If I get the advantage on a target I can run up, steal a spell, that might be a really good spell they planned on using, but now they won't be able to use it at all.

But if it was a toggled passive I could get behind this.

It would be really nice to punish an invocation by stealing the spell before they could finish it.
I think it would put fast Spelltheives at a disadvantage because they can only steal a spell after it's been used.
Advantages: Lets them steal a specific spell with precision, allowing them to either get a specific one they need, or remove one that threatens them before it can be overused.

Disadvantages: Everything else. Such as how you can't steal any spells until one is used, this way.

I could see a benefit to adding a 2 SP toggle skill (1 SP to learn, 1 SP to not take a slot) to this concept, but not outright replacing the current system.
*loud burp*