Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodginess
Dodge has been at a low point for a while, some argue that it delays a few select people but 9 times out of 10 someone has enough hit to hit you 90%-100% of the time when they're at your side or behind you, making the stat clearly inferior to something like Phys DR, I'd like for this to change slightly in the form of 1 nerf.

-GUI flanking bonus should honestly be half of your scaled GUI, it being full gives you potentially 40-50 hit from someone's side under most normaly builds.

On the flip side the '9/10' times refers to if you're facing a spellthief or archer, spellthieves get an obscene amount of dodge buffs, including access to Fortune Wind alongside archer, I feel like hitting these two dodge buffs will prevent dodginess from getting way too out of hand due to the aforementioned nerf to flanking bonus.

-Fortune Wind should be (Bonus based on rank) + 1/2 Scaled LUC as Evade I think.

-Distortion should be rank*7 Evade I believe.

You'd think that both simultaneously nerfing and buffing dodge wouldn't get much accomplished but it actually does, I'd like to see more people being able to run dodge relilably who aren't spellthieves, because that's pretty much the only class you can run for dodging people at a consistent rate because the dodge buffs they get are a little overtuned to where GUI's flanking bonus doesn't matter.
Pretty much all of this.

I think some other dodge skills could use an adjustment too though, such as Wind Weave having a higher multiplier and Cobra Stance giving a little bit of evade while active.
I think the flaw is more in how the hit rate is calculated, not how much dodge or hit someone has.

every time a new source of hit rate or dodge comes around we go into large swaths of time where one is just greater than the other and almost nothing can be done to counteract it.

remember the dark days of dodge when no one could hit a dodger ever.
That was when Kensei and Bonders ran on %s, damn it. Now dodge is dead because it is like, binary as hell. You either dodge as a rogue or tank as a soldier. There's no between, especially now that Fear is like a 'boo, spooked u!' instead of an actual hit debuff.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]