Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replica Scaling
All replica weapons have this odd scaling pattern

60% main stat, 15% sub stat, 15% san Adding up to 90% total

I don't think its quite fair, most mixed stat scaling weapons scale at or above 100% total.

Example Tessen
40% in 3 stats, 120% total
50% elemental attack in 2 elements.

Example 8* fan tomes
50% in 3 stats

Pure 1 stat scaling weapons are fine, because you can pump one stat to get alot of mileage out of them (also insane weapon power from rebelling on low 1* high scaling weapons)

What should change
60% main stat stays
*30% in san and second stat

for a 120% total scaling.
For the record, I think using the tessens and fan tomes as a comparison is unfair; they don't have any stats over 50%. Yes, they can be very strong if built for, but using them as justification for why other things should be 120% total scaling is a bit bonkers. The reason they're as good as they are is largely due to softcaps and being able to scale on more stats, essentially breaking the effective softcap on single stat weapons - and with the Dragon King set raising the softcap on Str, we now have a precedent for future softcap increases.

That said, the Replica weapons are in a weird spot. Their 15% stats contribute almost nothing (4-6 if softcapped) and their 60% isn't enough to carry them on it's own. I think it may be preferable to either give them the Tessen Treatment (40/40/40) or remove one or more stats to make the other ones better, purely so each of the stats can actually do anything.
*loud burp*
I agree ran

The only reason I brought up those weapons is because they have 3 stats and show case the point that when you have 3 stats, meaning you need to put points in all 3 and you will only likely softcap them, they should collectively add up to more than 100%

mono or dual stat scaling aren't as intrusive, so you will usually take them past the soft cap, meaning even if the total scaling is less than a Tri stat weapon you will be doing more damage because you have much more scaled stat where it applies.
Fair enough, Lolzy. Sorry if I misunderstood.
*loud burp*