Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Mechanic] Pulling
So, I had this idea for something to allow non-partied players to follow you without actually being in your party. Simply put, I call it Pulling. Please read through "How It Would Work" before commenting on the "Uses" portion (it'll explain the reasoning/idea behind it).

Uses Thought of So Far

-In large group situations where you have more than 5 people involved, you could still all go in one line and travel together by having one party 'pull' the other.
-If you're playing two characters and don't want to party them together to transport them simultaneously (due to alt-partying being taboo/against the rules and needing GM permission for instances where you would), you could 'Pull' one with the other instead. Admittedly it might be somewhat rare to use in IC but I could see it being done (again, with either different characters you control traveling together or if your character is transporting a wounded/injured person and don't want them to instance into fights).

How It Would Work (In-Concept)

- It would work somewhat in the same fashion as a party line except it would involve two separate parties. The Receiving Party who accepted the Pulling Request would appear behind the last person in the Requesting Party.

- Monsters/Battle would instance individually, and preemptively end, both parties' Pull. This would either have the Pulled Party to begin Observing the Battle or to simply stop being Pulled (maybe a preference for it? Idk).

-Like with Trade Requests and Party Invitations, there would be a Setting Option to toggle these On or Off.

- Things that typically end parties would end this as well (such as log-out, Party Leaders exiting and so forth).

Risks/Downsides

-Like I said with the two players bullet point earlier, you would be able to pull two accounts/parties at the same time. An issue with this may be where someone takes two of their characters through a dungeon (although in different fights), although they would still have to handle two separate fight instances at once this would rid the need/hassle of having to drag multiple characters through it one-at-a-time. This is about the only obvious risk I currently see with this Suggestion. An alternative would possibly be to only have monsters/random battles instance for the Pulling-Lead.

-------------------------------

Anyway, feel free to comment (preferably constructive criticism but I'll be fine with people commenting in-general). I'm more-than-certain there may be a few 'blind sides' to this concept as of right now so if you can think of any that stand out to you please post them.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy