Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon Parts and Tomes
Tomes still don't have weapon parts. Since Mutation cores were invented, they can be mutated into other weapons.

Can tomes gain weapon parts to finally put them on par with other shit, considering they're usually magical and elemental damage, which makes them (usually) garbo.
I don't know why you think weapon parts would make them 'on par' with other weapons when their primary use isn't for attacking, but for spells. Nor do I understand how a tome would have 'parts' you can customize because it's literally just a book.
The only tomes that actively attack things are Manic Slasher and Rose Whip, both are 'whip' type tomes and have effects that make them worth basic attacking with, I never saw the point in making tome weapon parts either really.
I think he's wanting mutated tomes to be customized with weapon parts from their new form...but that seems complicated...
Tomes could have parts which increase the power (in general or for certain domains), decrease FP consumption, adjust targeting range/shape, negate a portion of elemental resistance, etc.

There are people out there who simply stack power on weapons for autohit strength. Tomes shouldn't be left out simply because there are no hitcheck spells.

Also for possible tome parts, we have could have ink, binding, and font, for example. It makes about as much sense as changing the blade, hilt, and guard of a sword and still having it be the same weapon.
^ What Mega said about the weapon parts.

Binding, Ink, Cover, Gems, etc.

All sorts of things that could be changed out. I just want to have tomes be a weapon that can be customized to actually be used for basic attack purposes. Tacticians use them as a basic attack weapon. There are numerous builds that are possible with this by just mutating the tome to get amazing results. We shouldn't just say "Fuck this 1 weapon type in particular" because it's "not meant for basic attacks".
Not against anything here, but what about whips?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]