Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punches hurt my soft bones.
I think Asura Fist is okay, honestly. I think it'd also be better if the base scaling for the Boxer skills was lowered because they get more as SS gets higher, and the whole sort of deal with Boxer is that they're (supposed to, anyway) be relying on high SS levels to deal loads of damage.
Yeah this class needs a major nerf. A lot of the facts have been stated but to add one or more, Grandupper is literally a free stun with no status calculations. Not to mention Orkham Drehen is Forced Move but wayyyyyy better, it has more range than any basic Evoker spell and can handle multiple enemies which Sear and Magaisendo now fail horribly at doing. And let's also add that it's the long lost cousin of Demon Hunter dodging magic and such. I'm here for the booting.
- Grandupper is no 'free stun'. It has the 'worst' scaling of Boxer Skills for a Finisher. Eats a LOT of FP. For the special effect to trigger you need to have max level Schwarz Sturm, and after the use, the buff is removed and reset to 0. (Practically, it's a 28 Momentum build-up for a 1-round stun and a big loss of a damage steroid.)

- Orkam Drehen needs Schwarz Sturm build-up to get the massive range, and without it, Boxers could be easily kiteable by even a Duelist, with Colouir and Sillcut, due to their 1-range or linear skills. Or anybody just standing diagonal to them, really.
I take you never played Boxer so I'll put it here, Boxers can't use any other skill but Boxer skills, even Movement causes their Schwarz Sturm to reset back to 0.

- Snake Dancer needs Evasion check now. Geist Schritt can be ignored if you skip your turn or use non-targetable skills, such as Fir or Sidecut.

tl;dr, Boxer's problem was the base damage being high, not the utility of their skills, this damage being moved to Schwarz Sturm fixes the problem, aaand das' it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Neus" Wrote:I think Asura Fist is okay, honestly. I think it'd also be better if the base scaling for the Boxer skills was lowered because they get more as SS gets higher, and the whole sort of deal with Boxer is that they're (supposed to, anyway) be relying on high SS levels to deal loads of damage.

Awesome, so long as that's the theme things are being changed around, I suspect it'll work out well. One last thing worth bringing up is the possibility of Felsmanege having a bonus effect at 8 SS. It seems a little lackluster as a finisher when compared to Grandupper, but the two are in a weird situation where Grandupper can only be cast at 8 or it's just a worse Felhook, and Felsmanege only has linear duration scaling. Maybe make people hit incapable of leaving at all? Anyway, food for thought.