Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hexer Curse Revamp
After the Great Reckoning, curses that aren't Fellels/Plisafs took a big hit to their usefulness. In order to bring back the level of impact that we should be seeing from them, I suggest that curses be shifted from static stat reductions to percentages.

For example, Frailty of Credwa would be changed to reduce the afflicted individual's DEF and RES by 10%/20%/30% of the target's current values, instead of 2/4/6. This allows people to hinder important stats without also driving other archetypes (-12 strength on pre-GR mages) into the negatives, as we saw with the previous iterations that took away 12 from the respective stats.

Although Fellels and Plisafs are not necessarily included in this scaling change, I can only stress that they need cooldowns introduced. The 'humble fumble' is fantastic at what it does, but the sheer efficiency of the skill momentum-wise is staggering. Depending on spirits or items, you can be looking at 3, 4, or 6 attacks missing before you hit, and once you do hit you repeat this entire process. Without something like Dagger Dance, you can view this as 75%, 80%, and 85% damage reduction based on how many attacks you hit versus how many you have to whiff.
Oh jeez, Dev Buffed Fellel's Fumble and the the Masochism???

Why???

Fellel's Fumble was already one of the best damage avoidance skills in the game and completely screwed over basic attackers... Masochism just shot dodgers in the leg, more than they already had been.

I'm fine with pretty much all of this. I'm really unsure why Fellel's Fumble can last up to 6 attacks, but that's ridiculous to anyone who isn't a multi-attacker. That's at least 18 momentum, not counting any momentum that might get wasted... all for the low low price of "I spent 3m"
"Rendar" Wrote:I'm fine with pretty much all of this. I'm really unsure why Fellel's Fumble can last up to 6 attacks, but that's ridiculous to anyone who isn't a multi-attacker. That's at least 18 momentum, not counting any momentum that might get wasted... all for the low low price of "I spent 3m"

Just to make sure it's not left unclear, that is something that happens when you put a white spirit in Fellels and use Torment Noctis' special effect in tandem with it.
I agree that the stat reduction curses are lackluster mostly right now and the two big ones, Fellel's fumble and Plissaf's masochism are absolutely insane at what they do, but more so just Fellel's Fumble honestly.
... That's really.. really dumb.

So, 6 attacks is silly. That's an 18 momentum deterrent for single swing attackers, and still like.. 6m for multi-shot gunners. The only, effective, way around it is to be a summoner and/or engineer... or just let your buddy who doesn't care about that shit get smacked with it.

It needs to either have it work similar to BoI (which I stated in a thread awhile back before it got it's buff), where it reduces duration instead of level. This'll make it not be nearly as effective of a suppressant as it is now, while still making it an effective deterrent for 3m if utilized without this method.
Don't forget to balance for the norm, not the absolute maximum. The outliers can be nerfed if need-be, but I don't think fumble and masochism are so bad at base rank. You can use multihits and autohits to get around fumble, and you can look at all of the dodge threads to see what good masochism does.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:Don't forget to balance for the norm, not the absolute maximum. The outliers can be nerfed if need-be, but I don't think fumble and masochism are so bad at base rank. You can use multihits and autohits to get around fumble, and you can look at all of the dodge threads to see what good masochism does.

The norm is why that section of the post existed. Compare momentum investments between the Hexer and the Attacker, the effective damage reduction of pushing through the skill when it's used nonstop, and it should not be much of a question. Just because one variation of gun and main class rogues can have an easier time does not mean this is fine. Very few people have multihits, not all people have autohits, even less people can sustain a fight with nothing but autohits, and just because dodge is in a poor spot doesn't mean Plisafs shouldn't be future proofed. In fact, dodge being in a poor spot only gives credence to tweaking Plisafs in this manner.