Poll: Is SL2 (the game itself, not the RP) getting stale for you? If so, how?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's fresher than ripe tomatoes
0%
0 0%
Feels a bit tedious overall
14.81%
8 14.81%
Not enough content
18.52%
10 18.52%
Grinding is boring
20.37%
11 20.37%
Random Dungeons aren't cutting it anymore
3.70%
2 3.70%
Too much focus on combat
31.48%
17 31.48%
Crafting is a chore
1.85%
1 1.85%
Other (Specify in the topic)
9.26%
5 9.26%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the game getting stale for you?
Though I love the potential that the game has for its lore and its vast around of races, I feel like the only people who RP characters they actually want to sometimes just didn't notice the disadvantages of them in beginning when they joined SL2. There are alot of things in the suggestions section that could really drive the point that SL2 could be a greater and combat-reliant game if the world was just opened up to the players even just a tiny bit more.

Other than the combat-crutch that SL2 uses to barely hold its Rp up, I don't think the game has too many problems. Though I feel like the combat focus could easily be out shined with some actually role-play content.

Also, there has literally been about forty-sixty years since SL2 first started. The 'story' of SL2 feels completely out of place and is very immersion-breaking for people like me.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
I voted other. Combat aspect will always be a thing regardless. But as an RPG, combat is fun when there is actual roleplay involved. Not just grind grind grind roleplay the greatest swordsman who evuh lived.

//suggestion inbound
I think there needs to be more Admin Associated Events. I hate to say it, as I loathe the game. But Eternia style. Events that affect the community as a whole and not just certain 'c l i c k s' (the cl looked like a 'd')

Such as raids on a town, bandit encounters ran by admin or admin approved players with rewards associated for winning an encounter and punishment for losing. (Standard Death losses; rewards being Massive Cores).

Plagues, power struggles between royal houses. More envolvement with towns that are not Cellvich. Tannis expansions that incorporate missions that mean something and not just ''collect this, kill this repeat''.

Things that give the game more depth! I'd be more than willing to moderate on a lower admin scale for the events. Again, hate to reference Eternia, but Event Admins. Admins given bare minimum commands that are not ban, kick, etc. Just for events such as stat editing for event mobs or giving out xp/rewards. Of course it should be moderated by the actual admins to prevent abuse.
ANYWAY!

Tl;dr

Events to encourage more roleplay. Not a grindfest with minimal rp.
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2221#p2221 Wrote:RoboCat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:52 pm[/url]"]Though I love the potential that the game has for its lore and its vast around of races, I feel like the only people who RP characters they actually want to sometimes just didn't notice the disadvantages of them in beginning when they joined SL2. There are alot of things in the suggestions section that could really drive the point that SL2 could be a greater and combat-reliant game if the world was just opened up to the players even just a tiny bit more.

Other than the combat-crutch that SL2 uses to barely hold its Rp up, I don't think the game has too many problems. Though I feel like the combat focus could easily be out shined with some actually role-play content.

Also, there has literally been about forty-sixty years since SL2 first started. The 'story' of SL2 feels completely out of place and is very immersion-breaking for people like me.

I agree with basically everything in this, save for the last, and even then I sort of half agree with it. The story -is- getting stale. We had an argudiscussionment about this at the arena today, with one position being that since everyone has kicked Kinu's ass six ways to sunday by now and nothing's come of it, and it's better by far to roleplay personal stories and development arcs in lieu of an excuse plot; the other position being that the plot won't advance itself, and with player cooperation we could push it forward without making anyone the single main character.

I am in favour of the second position (because I put it forward :p), and I think that if we moved the story along as a group and had more input into the plot as players, it would be much more interesting and with that apocalypse averted, we would be able to move on to the next storyline for the game. There's an NPC who mentions that the Dead Cities are rising again, why not make the second story about that? Why not see which character the players agree with more? Kinu wants to kill all the gods, right? I think a lot of players would want to side with her to bring a Dark Souls-esque Age of Mortals scenario. What about the worshippers of Mercala? They'd want to side with Ashe to preserve the White Lady and the status quo. And then, if any zerans want to be actually zerans instead of, um, 'sheep', they'd almost certainly be invested in having to deal with the conflict of interest in fighting against Zera. Personally, my development arc has been more or less all about that conflict and how it makes Meddy feel to have to fight the God she dedicated her life to for the sake of the people she swore to defend.

There's a lot of potential for factions and politics, religiously and secularly. If Chaturanga, for example, becomes a hub for anti-Zera activity, maybe Alstalsia would want to declare war on them? The Mercalan Paladins would be extremely displeased if people started converting forcibly or otherwise to that Mud God guy, and given how Ashe behaves the first time you meet her, it could lead to revolts and stuff. It doesn't just have to be conflicts either. Maybe Oniga is enlisting geomancers and doriads to help them take back part of Gold and form oases? Cellsvich is a center of arts and culture, why not have a Bard's College open up?

There's a lot of stuff we could do with this, I feel. If players were interested enough, and if development was willing, we could really make a dynamic world with this game.
Not enough content. Once you check out all the updates all that's left to do is RP and even that is restricted because of the in-game environment and lore. It basically caters towards low scale 0 impact slice of life RP which isn't all that great in my personal opinion.

The game itself is focused more on grinding (and thankfully due to the exp changes its way easier to grind) and less on the combat itself. Just to get all of your skills and max out your class, you need to grind up to around level 50 because that's how long it'll take you to naturally max your class. Then you get to level 60 and you're done with the game itself. There's nothing to actually use your stats on aside from other players. And because it's an RP game, you're generally not allowed to complain about lack of content lest you invoke the wrath of the casual RP gamers.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2232#p2232 Wrote:aranamor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2221#p2221 Wrote:RoboCat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:52 pm[/url]"]Though I love the potential that the game has for its lore and its vast around of races, I feel like the only people who RP characters they actually want to sometimes just didn't notice the disadvantages of them in beginning when they joined SL2. There are alot of things in the suggestions section that could really drive the point that SL2 could be a greater and combat-reliant game if the world was just opened up to the players even just a tiny bit more.

I agree with basically everything in this, save for the last, and even then I sort of half agree with it. The story -is- getting stale. We had an argudiscussionment about this at the arena today, with one position being that since everyone has kicked Kinu's ass six ways to sunday by now and nothing's come of it, and it's better by far to roleplay personal stories and development arcs in lieu of an excuse plot; the other position being that the plot won't advance itself, and with player cooperation we could push it forward without making anyone the single main character.

I am in favour of the second position (because I put it forward :p), and I think that if we moved the story along as a group and had more input into the plot as players, it would be much more interesting and with that apocalypse averted, we would be able to move on to the next storyline for the game. There's an NPC who mentions that the Dead Cities are rising again, why not make the second story about that? Why not see which character the players agree with more? Kinu wants to kill all the gods, right? I think a lot of players would want to side with her to bring a Dark Souls-esque Age of Mortals scenario. What about the worshippers of Mercala? They'd want to side with Ashe to preserve the White Lady and the status quo. And then, if any zerans want to be actually zerans instead of, um, 'sheep', they'd almost certainly be invested in having to deal with the conflict of interest in fighting against Zera. Personally, my development arc has been more or less all about that conflict and how it makes Meddy feel to have to fight the God she dedicated her life to for the sake of the people she swore to defend.

There's a lot of potential for factions and politics, religiously and secularly. If Chaturanga, for example, becomes a hub for anti-Zera activity, maybe Alstalsia would want to declare war on them? The Mercalan Paladins would be extremely displeased if people started converting forcibly or otherwise to that Mud God guy, and given how Ashe behaves the first time you meet her, it could lead to revolts and stuff. It doesn't just have to be conflicts either. Maybe Oniga is enlisting geomancers and doriads to help them take back part of Gold and form oases? Cellsvich is a center of arts and culture, why not have a Bard's College open up?

There's a lot of stuff we could do with this, I feel. If players were interested enough, and if development was willing, we could really make a dynamic world with this game.
This is not the topic to start up discussions in or mass-brainstorm ideas in, as the OP indicates. Make a different thread for this kind of stuff.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I shall do so post-haste, sirrah. But I don't think that detracts from my point at all.

e: Moved it to roleplay suggestions. Should I baleet the post here, since it's now in two places?
The world seems static and unaffectable. This hurts
my experience with the game, because without the
ability to change and affect the lore through player
actions, the RP becomes limited.
I agree with captain kirk above me
I agree with captain kirk above me
What's with you and double posting lately Lolzy?

Anyway.

"Robo-Cat" Wrote:Also, there has literally been about forty-sixty years since SL2 first started. The 'story' of SL2 feels completely out of place and is very immersion-breaking for people like me.

Time progression in general is very flexible, and always has been. I wouldn't take it literally.

"Cara" Wrote:I think there needs to be more Admin Associated Events. I hate to say it, as I loathe the game. But Eternia style. Events that affect the community as a whole and not just certain 'c l i c k s' (the cl looked like a 'd')

Such as raids on a town, bandit encounters ran by admin or admin approved players with rewards associated for winning an encounter and punishment for losing. (Standard Death losses; rewards being Massive Cores).

Plagues, power struggles between royal houses. More envolvement with towns that are not Cellvich. Tannis expansions that incorporate missions that mean something and not just ''collect this, kill this repeat''.

I agree with the need for admins to be able to do events. I agree that there should be events that happen every so often, similar to 'raids' (although this would likely be automated and not need a GM to be involved).

"Daisuke" Wrote:Not enough content. Once you check out all the updates all that's left to do is RP and even that is restricted because of the in-game environment and lore. It basically caters towards low scale 0 impact slice of life RP which isn't all that great in my personal opinion.

"Lady Lightning" Wrote:The world seems static and unaffectable. This hurts
my experience with the game, because without the
ability to change and affect the lore through player
actions, the RP becomes limited.

There might be something here, but keep in mind that the opposite end of the scale isn't always better. When people have too much influence, the game becomes like Eternia, where it becomes difficult to even play the game if someone 'in power' feels like ruining your day. I want the game to be able to be enjoyed by everyone.

That said if you have any ideas that could work well with that desire, that you post them in the suggestions forum.