Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport Traps VS. Click-to-Move and You
NOTE: I'm assuming this is an unintended feature and not a bug when making this thread.

Currently, if you trigger a teleport trap after you've been queued to move to a location via click-to-move you don't change pathing (and continue going towards the destination).

Can this be changed to cancel the click-to-move queue? It seems to literally make teleport traps a mute point.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
For the record, the auto-pathing won't always be able to find the route, especially if you got shunted through a noodle maze or similarly complex design.

So you'll just end up running around in circles until you cancel the move.

I don't think this is necessary, as teleport traps aren't always able to be avoided like this, anyways (see: chest traps/attempted disarms on floor traps). I'd rather not they be even more annoying to deal with.
Okay.
I rather like continuing to move after triggering a teleport trap, because it makes exploration a bit easier. I usually do it on purpose, even.
I don't feel it's right to justify something that's supposed to make your character lose their bearings in the dungeon and be a psuedo-time sink not working properly with "it's more convenient/easier and less annoying this way." I'd rather see the teleport traps removed outright if this type of mentality was accepted.

I feel the need to say more but I think it's best left to this.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy