Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrocharges
I'd like to ask for Thunderhooves to be reworked to:

Per tile moved, gain (UL+1) Electrocharges, to a minumum of 1. At Max UL, that's 13 per tile.

On dealing Lightning damage, gain (UL+1)*2% of damage dealt as Electrocharges, to a maximum of (UL+1)*3. That's 26% of damage done at max UL, with a cap of 39. This means that using 3 tiles of movement is equal to one capped Lighting attack, and using 6 tiles of movement is twice as effective. And you can move even further to increase the effectiveness.

Then, to trigger the current effect of refunding Move momentum or Kick (which let's be honest no one uses), you would need to spend 150 Electrocharges, flat. That's a little over 11 tiles of Movement, or a little over 4 capped Lightning-based attacks. This would consume all Electrocharges, and would encourage using both movement and lightning attacks to avoid spillover due to fractions. (and beacuse it's hard to make it simple as well as divide evenly but oh well)

Right now, the only way to gain Electrocharges at a respectable rate is to have a multi-hit source which deals Lightning damage, which I think only Magic Gunner has, or to run around before saving the charges via movement skills. This change would make them more usable by the general lightning-based populace.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Moved some numbers around and cleared up the explanation. Gotta make sure the facts line up with reality, after all.
The best way to get electrocharges is to move around, as it should be, I think the thunder hooves are in their balanced state at the moment, I don't think they would ever need to change.
"Spoops" Wrote:The best way to get electrocharges is to move around, as it should be, I think the thunder hooves are in their balanced state at the moment, I don't think they would ever need to change.

I have to second this.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I'd agree with this, if Conduiz wasn't a thing. Ffs. :/
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Spoops" Wrote:The best way to get electrocharges is to move around, as it should be, I think the thunder hooves are in their balanced state at the moment, I don't think they would ever need to change.

If you fully read the suggestion, you would see that movement would remain the best method of gaining Electrocharges, but dealing Lightning damage aside from Chain Shell would become a viable method again.

"Snake" Wrote:I'd agree with this, if Conduiz wasn't a thing. Ffs. :/

This isn't a very constructive comment. Besides, if this idea is fine but the existence of Conduiz makes it seem too strong, then the issue is with Conduiz itself.

next please
"MegaBlues" Wrote:Per tile moved, gain UL+1 Electrocharges, to a minumum of 1. At Max UL, that's 20 per tile, with an average of, say, 120 for an average action of movement. More with movement boosters.

The max UL of feet is 12.
"Kameron8" Wrote:
"MegaBlues" Wrote:Per tile moved, gain UL+1 Electrocharges, to a minumum of 1. At Max UL, that's 20 per tile, with an average of, say, 120 for an average action of movement. More with movement boosters.

The max UL of feet is 12.

that's right, isn't it? well, edit time
Oh, uh. Well, you see, Conduiz makes electric damage reach higher numbers and opens new ways to play LUC based Evokers and-- I didn't see the cap.

*dabs*

Carry on, you have my support.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree electrocharges need a rework cause i'll never use thunderhooves as they are now, and they were the only ten star I used. If single hit lightning sources only generate 1 charge that takes forever. Make each source of lightning damage give you 2, maaaybe 3. It barely changes the balance, but means I don't gotta hit 6 things 6 times each (4-5 turns with the best spammy lightning build) to get a chance to use my item. The item is complete garbage as it is now. Now one uses basic movement if they can help it. There's too many 1 momentum sources of movement as it stands. This doesn't break the meta, it just lets me use the fucking items in a crazy dungeon before the battle ends.

Lets see here: 1 momentum to move with boxer
1 momentum for winged serpent, or less
1 momentum for jetpack

Attacks that move you and hit:
Too many to count

Working it so you can use thunderhooves once in a crazy for using aoe's everyone round in the fight? COMPLETE BALANCE. Only time you could stack it faster? Is if facing four grand summoners. GL with that reguardless.