Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Gale
This skill is insanely underwhelming, with extremely low damage and next to no utility. Compared to Terra Strike, it does less, doesn't destroy tiles, and won't hit multiple enemies with the ranged dragon component. Can we possibly see a higher damage scaling, and an additional effect unique to the skill?

For easy reference, here's a side by side comparison with the advantages of Terra Strike bolded:

Dragon Gale:

20-24 FP
80% - 120% SWA in Melee, 100% Wind ATK at range to 1 target.
Range extends by 1 per 3 Ki, up to 6 total range.
Costs 2 Ki per tile of range.

Terra Strike:

20-24 FP
90-130% SWA in Melee, 100% Earth ATK at range to as many targets as the projectile travels through.
Destroys Tiles
Lowers movement of targets in melee range by 3.
Range extends by 1 per 3 Ki, up to a maximum of 10 range.
Costs 1 Ki per tile of range.

This skill needs some love. It's big brother counterpart scales off a defensive stat, does more damage, has more range, costs less Ki, and has an effect. I'd like to see it get its own unique style, too.
I already miss it's knockback, but that was moved to Dense Thunder, instead.

Perhaps Dragon Gale should get an additional effect at 1 range to compensate for the lower damage. (SWA in melee, SWA + Wind Attack at range = Why use it in melee at all?) That would give it a bit more overall versatility, and is probably a good starting point.
*loud burp*
Airborne, mate. It's the only thing that Monk seems to be lacking. Make Dragon Gale flip the enemy airborne on-hit and create an air shaft below yourself, and if it's used in an enemy who is already airborne, it will blow them back by 3 tiles and knock them down like Typhur.

Like I said, it's the only 'dragon' that I'll ever accept, it's pretty cool to launch a pressurized air dragon fist.

Unlike Terra Strike.

Terra Strike? It was supposed to be 'That AoE' of Monk. Punch to the ground! Insane tremor around self in a 1 + 1 range (per 10 ki) circle! Baaam everypriest panic because of the AoE chunk they'll get in the middle of their sanctuary by this muscular bic boi!

It was really what I was dreaming for Terra Strike, but nah, the baby of Magaisendo and Mud Dragon, sibling to Dragon Gale that is wonky when moving. Plus, shamelessly spammed by people who build 90 DEF for that easy 311 magic Earth Damage per hit.

Meh! These changes to my favorite skill were certainly not my taste. Sometimes simple is better, you know.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree that Terra Strike outshines it in almost every respect.

I like Snake's idea of it knocking the enemy airborne, not sure on the knockdown for already airborne targets, but it's a possibility. It would give a more reliable in-class way to set up Phoenix Talon for MA aside from Crane Hop. I could also see the Ki cost per range reduced and the scaling increased to match Terra Strike.

Any objections?
No objections, but an extra tidbit to possibly add. Since Terra Strike destroys tiles, can Dragon Gale push objects on the one tile like Air Pressure? You just might be able to launch a rock at someone, with a little ingenuity.
I'd be fine with it though I was thinking Dragon Gale's Dragon should leave behind Air Shafts when used rather than just sending them Airborne.

That way, not only does it benefit Phoenix Talon but also Sky Chariot. For instance, Dragon Gale to make Air Shafts -> Backflip next to the target onto an Air Shaft -> Sky Chariot to Knockdown.

Not to mention, Air Shafts are rare, the only skill I can think of players can use for one is Mare Wing so that'd be a definite plus for it.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Oh damn, if the dragon left airshafts in the path it took to the target, the skill would immediately be one of the most hype things in existence. Please put that in.
No objections, big boss. o7
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I support the shaft.