Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastering Unlocking
Currently, the experience gains from picking locks and disarming traps is absolutely minimal. It's completely negligible after a very short period of time. (Gaining 35 Experience Points in a ~Level 70 dungeon, for example.)

Any chance it could get changed to be scaled, like a lot of xp is now? Even scaling as low as 1% or even 0.5% EXP to the next level would be worlds better than what it currently is (a waste of a line break). If you want it to increase with difficulty, 0.1% to 0.2% EXP per 10 levels of a dungeon would probably be a good starting point to test (1.4% to 2.8% for picking a lock AND disarming a trap in a level 70 dungeon, ~36 to 72 interactions per level-up in that example.)

More non-combat love, y'know?
More easy EXP for characters who don't want to fight? Yes please.

I'd also like more EXP for crafting, harvesting, farming, etc. There are reasons to want to be level 60 that aren't fighting, so let's flesh it out.
I can agree with having it set to about 0.01% at Level 1. Then the percentage goes up by level, reaching up to 0.78% at Level 78 floor (That's about the cap on B.D.P's.) This way it stays under 1% so people don't just unlock 100 chests for ez leveling and stuff.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
100 chests per level is alot actually.

1% per chest is fine. I'd say 5% per chest and make lockpicking cost mental stamina if it doesn't already.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:100 chests per level is alot actually.

1% per chest is fine. I'd say 5% per chest and make lockpicking cost mental stamina if it doesn't already.

I feel like not being a HUGE contributor to levelling up isn't too much of an issue; dedicated lockpickers can go through a LOT of chests on a regular basis (not to mention chests and traps count seperately in this example, even if it's a trap on a chest), so I'd rather there not be a limit put on chests considering how much RNG there is in getting the types of items you need. Massive drop pools and all that. I'd just rather it be something that can, in fact, add up to a few level-ups. When you need a few 100k though, flat 35 xp is.... Not that.

But that's just my opinion.
if chests use stamina or mental stamina, it will impact the rate they can lock pick

The clinic already eats both and you can still pretty much get two levels from them in about 4 minutes.
What Lolzy said.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Something that can level multiple times with a single go doesn't really compare to the chance of spending ten minutes trying to open one fancy crate in a level 70 dungeon only to get a single tomato in terms of needing a stamina cost.

Because, guess what, you've wasted your time and energy for a useless reward.

I agree with bumping the EXP reward for lockpicking.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I increased it to 15 * trap/lock level, from 5 * trap/lock level.

Percentages are out of the question for something like this.