Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luck where. [Fox God's Fortune Cookies needs a buff]
Can some of the Fortune Cookie's effects that have a LV scale from 1 (+ 1 per 30 Scaled LUC) (+1 per 30 Scaled SAN) * Fox Dice's LV, that caps on LV25?

--Now, to 'adapt' to this new equation, some will have to be revamped, those being:

[strike]"A burned child dreads the fire." (Unresistable LV magic fire damage.)[/strike]
>>"Fortune does not favor fools." (Unresistable LV *2 'random' magic damage to a random target, including yourself and allies. [Though allies get half of the effect.])

"A drop in the bucket."(Increases Murai gained by LV%. It becomes a permanent buff until the end of the battle and cannot stack with 'A fool and his money' as it will lock away the 'roll' option to get the debuff.)

"A fool and his money are soon parted."(Decreases Murai gained by LV%. It becomes a permanent buff until the end of the battle and cannot stack with 'A drop in the bucket' as it will lock away the 'roll' option to get the buff.)

"A rolling stone gathers no moss." (Increases Movement by LV/2. Duration reduced to 2 rounds from 3. It doesn't ignore the movement caps.)

"An Anvil does not fear the hammer." (Decreases all damage taken by LV%.)

"An oak is not felled in a single stroke."(Decreases all damage dealt by LV%.)

--The other ones should be left untouched, if I remember fine, those are just one that grants Momentum, and another that heals all the party for 1000 HP. (And instead of it healing for flat 1000 HP, make it heal 100% of Maximum HP, just for the fancy looks.)

I'd like new ones to be added too:

"The focused mind can think faster." (Increases your WIL by LV/4, uses WIL instead of CEL to define turn order.)
"The sweet antidote is always made from the bitter poison." (Grants immunity to the last status effect you have inflicted in one enemy.)
"The widest steps are not the wisest." (Increases Movement by LV/4. But also grants an effect similar to Devil Wax, which gives a chance to randomly get knocked down while using Movement by LV%.)
"A calm before the tempest." (Ends your turn, but also heals your HP/FP by LV.)

Now of why I think those are fine with these mentioned changes:
- The unresistable 'random' damage should be for the people who think they can get away with this by using Red Letter, the 'randomness' varies from Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Dark, Water, Light, Lightning, Acid and Sound.
- The Murai one is more PvE oriented, this can be arranged since we got Amiras' Blessing. Though this is fine because it's a chance in a chance. And as it is right now, it's pretty annoying to get your pockets full of Murai in the middle of a fight and while eating cookies, it makes not a lot of sense or logic.
- The movement one is just an two-round uber movement steroid that gets capped by the armor type, so no biggie as the '25' will be stuck in 14/12/10 (iirc).
- The damage reduction and 'reduction' should be on pair with each other, afterall, you have a chance to become suddenly tough, or suddenly useless.

Overall why I think this is good:
>Lucky Fortune Cookies already have a 3 round cooldown. It can't be spammed, so. It usually does 'little' for too much, even if it doesn't cost Momentum.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:The other ones should be left untouched, if I remember fine, those are just one that grants Momentum, and another that heals all the party for 1000 HP.

what. i'm sorry, could you elaborate on that a bit?

the suggested changes and new ones seem pretty interesting, but sweet antidote's a little bit too complex. i'd personally go for just increasing status resist/inflict by an amount for the duration (LV*2 or 3? i don't actually know what the LV range for redtail spirits is)

edit: i forgot, magic damage on allies is probably a bad idea tbh, directly affecting your allies negatively in general is a bad idea
There are two insanely rare chances you can go for the 'op' ones. The first. "Divide and Conquer." grants all the party 3M. The other "something something not all hope is lost." heals all the party by 1000 HP.

Adding more fox fortunes will be helping to hide and shuffle those two away, for the real redtails who are damn lucky. (If I'd suggest, only Redtails with 30+ Scaled LUC would have access to those two.)

Also, Fox Dice ranges from 1-6, which is random every round. (The wisps that spawn around the Redtail, for reference.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]