Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Fun
While fun, I think setting sun does a little bit too much damage, it scales up 25% additional damage per size expansion and gets a bigger AoE too, while you do need to prepare Ki and the skill can be avoided* conditionally, it hits harder than a CM Sear in a much wider area because it's 100% Fire ATK(which is getting buffed very shortly) and 100% scaled weapon attack, and then 125% damage increase at max size, more than doubling it's damage.

Can we possibly see it's damage per size go down to 10% per 1 range increased? We'll see how it goes from there, but currently setting sun 2-3 shots most of my characters alone, and that's just not fun to face.

*It can be avoided only if you are slower than your opponent, which is not a healthy form of counterplay, I find this relevant in a lot of fire builds in general but that's a whole 'nother topic.
Sure, I don't see why not. As long as it doesn't turn it into Hyattr's Fire Breath.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I say move it's power to Kadouha, like Kameron posted in my thread.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd rather suggest that Setting Sun loses the damage multiplier in general, and gains a new secondary effect. As it stands, you only need one stat to mercilessly abuse this skill, and slapping an x1.## with it makes for the ultimate one-trick pony build.

For instance, we could replace the damage multiplier with Cinders that deal (X*20~25)% Fire ATK damage, where X is the extra range, maxing out at 100%.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I think one of the big reasons Sear and Blazing Shell's ranges were nerfed was because of the change to cinder tiles, just seems a little counter intuitive to give more damage to a larger spread of cinders, you are right that the whole damage multiplier thing makes it horrifying thing to face because of one trick ponies who would rely on this skill as their only source of damage every round it's available.

I feel like a comprimise would be alright, maybe you could get away with saying that because of the Ki cost with each expansion, cinders could stay at a fixed percentage of your fire ATK, while being able to extend out really far due to the Ki cost of extending the circle.
The sad part is that it doesn't drain all Ki. It would be nice if Setting Sun behaved like Kadouha, as in. Cannot have it's size adjusted and it will always use up all the Ki available. Then turn Kadouha into Setting Sun, having it's range adjusted to match the Ki consumption.

Pls dev, do this when you have time.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Just rename Kadouha into the Turtle Wave and have it hit in a line, look we're already making this into DBZ why not have the Kamehameha?
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]