Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lantern Bearer Rework!
I stand corrected on the notion that Lantern Bearer has nothing going for it. It's more reasonable for me to say that the concept of it doesn't make sense and that, even after being buffed, it's a seldom used class outside of gimmick builds, such as one involving Elves that enables eternal healing.

If Slydria's/MegaBlues'/Lolzy's concerns were addressed, though, then there wouldn't really be a need to rework the class beyond 'why does a lantern class based off of curate use a darkness spell????', and that's a minor grievance in the grand scheme of things.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
because they had it before hexer's were a thing and its sorta like a black light in a dark room.

Just because another class that focuses on X and only X exists doesn't make a valid reason to Strip X from another Class.
Well there's a reason the lantern aura is purple, I believe it mostly has to do with Pseudoelementals, from an in game explanation stand point, though lantern bearer doesn't do a good job of explaining this, perhaps when the class board is eventually changed there should be a bit of a summary about how each class does their thing in the description for such.

For example, listing that Lantern Bearers use pseudoelementals, Black Knights utilize black wind and the such.
"Spoops" Wrote:Well there's a reason the lantern era is purple, I believe it mostly has to do with Pseudoelementals, from an in game explanation stand point, though lantern bearer doesn't do a good job of explaining this, perhaps when the class board is eventually changed there should be a bit of a summary about how each class does their thing in the description for such.

For example, listing that Lantern Bearers use pseudoelementals, Black Knights utilize black wind and the such.

Yeah I'd like to see that in class descriptions, good idea spoops
While I do largely agree with a bunch of what Blues said, such as buffing salamander's burn, there's one thing I'd like to address and provide a counterpoint for "no."

That being, changing the attack from Physical to magical, under imbue strike.

I think this is a pretty bad idea since the melee attack with the spear is basically a way around resistance. While it may not seem to make a difference against players since they're decently likely to have similar numbers (within 10) in both, it's far more normal to see things like Single digit Res/High Def or vice versa in PVE. I personally don't think that Imbue Strike needs to absolutely murder their versatility and force them to get walled out by magetanks unless they disable Imbue Strike and by extension, lose the benefit of hitting an elemental weakness if one is available.
*loud burp*
I also feel like Lantern could do with its own unique 10*
A spear, that gains an on hit effect UL% status inflict based upon which lantern is active.
50% Current element damage on hit
Usable as a casting tool for lantern spells only.
Scales 40% will 40% str, 40% current lantern's stats.

(hexer has its own thing, Priest can enjoy all the quarterstaffs,)
That weapon would be awesome, +1