Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious PvP/Lethal PvE
Not too sure if people would be interested in that but I feel like it would be a nice addition, given how rare they are, to have a PvP mode/Dungeon prefix that increased the likelihood of receiving or causing battle wounds.

More often than not you can fully clear a dungeon without receiving a single one and even if you do chances are they wont stay with you for long due to a certain talent/natural recovery which makes them a non-issue, as for PvP, I'm sure people seriously going at each other's throats while using sharp and/or pointy objects would lead to a couple of open cuts or stab wounds.
Serious pvp already causes injuries
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Serious pvp already causes injuries

the suggestion's to increases the likelihood, presumably by lowering the damage threshold or increasing the percentage chance with the current thresholds.

it doesn't really seem like an interesting idea for PvE as much as an annoyance with treatments, buying first aid, etc, but it seems worth considering for pvp
Injures are for the people with low DEF/RES, tbh.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The rate of injuries could be increased slightly if people want it. The rate it goes at currently was likely chosen since it was a new system and I didn't want people to see it as an annoyance instead of as something to compliment RP.
We do have spar to avoid making this a nuisance, yes, so no worries. But still.

People want Serious PvP to be more impactful, since this is how we define all the outcomes of player conflicts ICly, almost all the time.
PvE can stay the way it is, PvE wounds are not rare but not usual, it's perfectly fine the way it is.

So I think all we want here is like, Serious PvP having 'twice' the chance to make wounds happen? It would make more sense, since Monsters don't 'think' as well as a 'Human', and any wound they inflict is probably not planned, unlike players.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]