Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back on the subject of thunderhooves
I still really hate where the balance is for these. It's takes a ridiculous amount of work to charge them unless you've got 15 movement and are just going to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off to charge them. Multihits too strong at build charges? Solution, make multiple hits against the same target in the attack not count. Boom, problem solved. Buff the stacks given on lightning damage to 2, or god forbid three. In the most optimal attacks you might get 12 charges by aoe'ing 6 things with lightning, which doesn't sound that unreasonable (considering two builds ever could manage that, and one only if everythings right by then).
Right, that'll completely nerf multihit builds. But it's already completely nerfed aoe not multihit builds. Could allow akimbo/dagger dance to proc it twice on a single attack.
Hooves are in a great spot. You can stack the full required 18 charges on Round 0 because the Initiative talent synergizes very well with it. You can also create distance if you're mobile, which gives a great deal of flexibility on when/how to engage again. These don't need to be touched, they do their job very well and aren't just a staple in every build with any form of lightning damage anymore. There is no reason to make their free movement as easy to get as it was before.
"Kameron8" Wrote:These don't need to be touched, they do their job very well and aren't just a staple in every build with any form of lightning damage anymore. There is no reason to make their free movement as easy to get as it was before.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
It was nerfed for a reason, yes.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The only real argument said they're a staple on lightning damage builds... no. They're just a staple on builds that have movement. They don't reward using lightning damage at all, compaired to just... taking a few steps.

It... wouldn't be anywhere as strong or the same as before.. This is a minor buff that helps the classes that should have a reason to take them. I'm sorry that only people who want to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off can use them, and everyone can use them. However, making them feel rewarding for being paired with lightning damage that isn't coming from lulz 12 rounds a turn guns would be awesome. This wouldn't unbalance anything. It'd be a minor minor fucking buff for the thing they're designed to be used with. Making them actually usable again. I don't think the logic that -hey you moved twice your next move should be free- is any better then -HEY, you used your 9TH lightning spell, you get a free move now-
As it stands it would take 18 lightning spells, that's 9 turns of nothing but lightning spells, to make use of them. You're all blinded by something, I have no clue what. This isn't really unbalancing or anything. Just give them some of the quality of life back they lost when they were made boots for pvpers only.

If... they're really meant to be used with just movement, why have the lightning at all? Just make it once you've moved 18 spaces.

And, just because something's nerfed we're not allowed to make it funner to use without bringing it back to a state where it needs nerfed?

Cause, the first round of trying a fix is always 100% the perfect solution.

He's an idea. How about only 1 charge for using a movement. That'll make it fair with lightning users. (and now everyone will tell me how that's stupid or kills them... except the same thing happened to lightning attacks. Why is there ANY difference. There isn't. I'm using the same logic you guys are now. If movement is 2 charges and lightning damage is 2 charges, suddenly you get the same ammount for your momentum and it's ACTUALLY fair for lightning users and people who just want to move. Oh look, now they're not useful for YOU so IM wrong again. even though it's the same logic)
Because what you are comparing is movement to attacking, attacking should not grant you free movement in the first place ever, keep in mind how strong movement is, and why 1m movement skills have cooldowns or catches attached.

Thunderhooves basically made it so that you could maximize your damage potential by always being in range of someone cause of free movement, and also dealing damage to do that in the first place, just no.

Thunderhooves are currently balanced where they are and should stay this way, why change that?
Except, buffing it to two procs would give you the free move every 4 and a half fucking turns, with single target lightning spells. A bit less with aoe lightning (which there's a whole one way to get in the game really). Just.. Whatever. Have fun with your headless chicken boots.
Quickdraw/Quickdraw/Thunderhooves, Chain Shell. GG WP EZ pls nerf.

Needs to not work with lightning damage at /all/, mate. There's always a way around those nerfs if you dedicate yourself to think about it just a little, instead of asking for buffs.

(PS: Might get even more nerfed after me saying that item set combination. Oops?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]