Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menacing Raid Bosses!
Alternatively the Raid could be fighting an Army of something rather then a huge boss.

SL2's Raid formula would just be Player's Party winning a battle and achieving X amount of damage towards a goal, which is simple enough.
Munch
"Skimmy2" Wrote:Alternatively the Raid could be fighting an Army of something rather then a huge boss.

SL2's Raid formula would just be Player's Party winning a battle and achieving X amount of damage towards a goal, which is simple enough.

But we already have Black Beasts doe. Something unique and fun might be the head-cracking issue here.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:No offense, but after your "Just because people are afraid of the consequences, kek" comment from the Horned Black Beast thread, I'm not convinced you're not just trying to get a rise out of people by suggesting making the game downright player-hostile, and then trying to goad people into arguing over it with parting words like that.

Part of what makes SL2 fun to play is that you can do what you want, when you want. (Unless it's illegal and you go to jail.) Unlike other online games where you log on to just casually meander about and do things at a leisurely pace, only to have guildmates immediately drag you into things you weren't feeling up to, SL2 is more laid back and casual. I get wanting to get people involved, but there's a point where it's just "No, I'm not even going to log on. This isn't a game, it's a chore."

Also, eh, SL2 gets stale in a point, Rany, since the only 'active' conflict is of player characters and the guard force because guards are made to babysit players in an OOC (maybe IC) sense.
So far you should know by now due to your time around, I guess. Adding more weights here and there is what I thought it would make the game more interesting (even though reputation is not even thaaat big of a hassle to picture having, you can grind that up with murai people give you if you ask, simple as that, UNLESS you lack friends, then that's your own problem in case your reputation drops back to 0 or whatever your starting reputation is).

The 'pls add more consequences' idea are coming straight from Sigrogana Legends 1, the 'hardest, most noob unfriendly game in existence' that has been ever made. What a teardrop of SL in SL2 can actually do as a negative impact in something that just reduces Inn price? People are getting way too comfortable with the lack of consequences.

I can't understand one thing in the end. Do you want a casual game with tryhard roleplayers? How will people even feel like trying if they can't take something serious? But whatever. I hope this one ends here and goes to private, else we'll be blotching fern's topic with off-topic posts.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I understand where you're coming from, but there's two very different kinds of players. Murai and beasts and such are no big deal if you stay at level 60 all the time for PVP and such, but what about those of us who are making new characters to keep an influx of new faces around, so it takes longer for things to get stale in the first place? Especially since peoples' prices now are all geared at level 60s anyways (remember the boxing gloves thing? Yeeeeeah. Screw getting your classes, everyone knows only level 60s can buy things.) lower levels don't have money for anything, much less donating to Hikari for stamps and reputation, etc.

(As for the friends thing? LIke I said, SL2 is fun for being more casual and not getting roped into things, including grindfests. I refuse to impose on people. I have friends due to roleplay, but I'm not going to make them do stuff for me.)

Anyways, just my two cents. You're right about this getting off topic. I'll drop it now.
*loud burp*
The real question is, what would be the best way to implement something like this ( And how much work would Dev have doing so? ) ?

Maybe individual fights that last up to X turns, and once the turn limit is up any damage done to the boss is transferred to the 'real' body.

Or something crazy like a boss that shares the same HP and status effects across all fights.

I'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to put more than 4 players/1 party in the same battlefield, as waiting for everyone to take their turns would be painful, even more so if someone lags.

But I can say one thing for sure, a system to prevent people from freely leaving the area to Remedia somewhere would need to be put in place, perhaps in the form of a hit to their rewards.