Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menacing Raid Bosses!
Once upon a time. . .

[Image: 67c9139993.png]

So a discussion from the OOC eventually lead into this. Raid bosses. While not all of the ideas in this post are specifically mine, it would be nice to consider what other people think before Dev actually decides to work on it at some point.

-Every X amount of time, an incredibly powerful boss spawns in the overworld. The spawning location could possibly change between the current maps we have (Sigrogana, Gold, etc) or just be one area. I imagine most people prefer the first option.

-You are still limited to parties of four when fighting this boss, HOWEVER many groups can battle it and decrease its health. When the enemy dies, everybody receives a pretty cool bonus (similarly to Black Beasts) that is truly worth the effort.

-Maybe the giant boss would be able to cause damage to near by towns in some way or another. Probably leave stuff to repair just like the Black Beasts event, but I'm not sure how difficult it is to implement this system.

Any thoughts?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Maybe whatever town it's near at the time is stormed by minions of some sort as well? Like kobolds for dragons ala D&D.

I like this idea either way.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Two things that concern me are the difficulty and how many players will be able to fight it at once.

And how exactly will it work, mechanically?

Let's say we have 4 parties (A B C D) with 4 people in. And said 'boss' is a core or a random camp that formed in X location. With a set amount of HP. How will it be interactive if the party A kills the boss in one run?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I imagine they wouldn't be able to kill it in one round. They'd be limited to doing a certain amount of damage, most likely.
I also think it should be hard enough for people to not immediately fulfill the damage requirement, but that might be just me.
(And of course, not TOO much to handle either.)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I really like the idea! It reminds me of tons of other games that had the same system and I think this could work well.

Although about the rewards... what could possibly it be? Perhaps a cool rare equipment that have 100% of going to one of the participants of the Raid as long they defeat all the HP of it? Or just a chance to drop for everyone?
ゴゴゴゴ
Have each party able to deplete it's own health bar, but make it take several fights to actually kill it. 5 or 8 parties maybe, doesn't seem too big or too little. If not enough people are around to take it down it could be problematic unless there's a timer, with a partial reward based on how many groups beat it.

Could give it random drop chance, make the reward be some murai for defending against the threat, this feels like end game, so xp isn't the thing you'd want. A pile of 3-5 thousand murai would get you whatever piece of gear you're looking at though.
Could use this as an upgrade to black beasts, if you get to horned black beasts there's a chance for their raid boss to spawn >.>
"Let's agree to be friends!"
How about consequences for not doing so?

I have an idea. Why not... 'Declining to participate in the raid will decrease your reputation for all cities in the continent it's happening in, by 10.'
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That's not fair for non-combatants and leveling characters, the declining reputation thing. I know doctors who would lose their homes.
"Fern" Wrote:-You are still limited to parties of four when fighting this boss, HOWEVER many groups can battle it and decrease its health.

If it's insanely strong and you can only scratch it for the other party to do the rest of the work..

What if you die fighting it? Wouldn't losing your items and murai be enough of a loss to consider fighting it not worth it?
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~