Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why take people with me?
I'd be fine with advanced dungeons being a thing. Also perhaps the max number of monsters from additional party members can be limited based on level to give new and lower level people breathing room.

Also, while I'll take your word on it, I haven't seen a build in a very long time that wasn't at the very least not worried in level 60 dungeons by level 50.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Oh I was more referring to the lower end of the game, at level 50 You already have a quite solid base and most likely a bit experince with the monsters already/Equipment etc.

I just think that we should let the game clearly open for new players that are to shy to talk to people and want to sniff into the system first before getting completely decouraged. I had a few that stopped playing alone because after Jammer cave they had no idea where to go storywise.*Shrugs*
Making fights cancer for them on top of it will probably help no one in the long run.
That, and they're potentially still learning the ins and outs of the battle system. While I admit I regularly mock people who have 1 HP and suicide on jammer betas instead of sitting still for two seconds for the healer right beside them, I do aim my ire towards people who already know this and are just being dumb. At lower levels, it's much more common to... say... see someone charge bash an enemy out of your range purely to check out the skills' interactions, which can be frustrating to people who actually know what they're doing.

SL2 doesn't so much have a difficulty "curve" as a difficulty "line." Especially since the GR, the early game (Post jammer cavern, mostly, like level 10-20) can be absolutely brutal since shaving 10% off of 30 damage (as an example; you'll often see numbers closer to 50) is only 3, and 27 is a lot when your max HP is like 100-150. Lategame, you're still (potentially) in danger of being overwhelmed, sure, but at least you have more tools to compensate for the new tools the enemies get, like Scarebear Fallcall.

Making the early game harder would literally just turn the difficulty into a slide; a hurdle to get over and then it all gets better. And that's... honestly pretty dumb.
*loud burp*
First, I'm glad this conversation is even going and I have little to meaningfully add myself.

Second. I read that as 'Scarefall Bearcall and thought that was hilarious.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!