Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxer's all-out moment! [Scharfe adjustment]
This has been in my mind for a while, so let me dish it out here.

The updated Scharfe will have a 6 round cooldown.

Quote:Scharfe
Focus your mind and energy, gathering momentum for a deadly blow.

Can only be used with 4 or more Schwarz Sturm.
Increases your Schwarz Sturm by 1 + X (based on Rank, ignores the limit of Schwarz Sturm for this instance, the damage multiplier cannot go beyond your Schwarz Sturm rank.)
If you use any Boxer skill while this skill is active, it will use up all of your Schwarz Sturm as if they are a Finisher (Finisher skills cannot be used while under Scharfe.), resetting it to 0, but you won't be able to obtain Schwarz Sturm for X rounds. (Based on Rank)

Quote:Rank 1: 20 FP, Extra Schwarz Sturm: +1
Rank 2: 25 FP, Extra Schwarz Sturm: +2
Rank 3: 30 FP, Extra Schwarz Sturm: +3

So you can use it on, let's say, Regenshauer, and it becomes a 'finisher' that hits people 12 times and then drains your Schwarz Sturm to 0. Or Sturm Shreik for an improved chance to inflict silence in exchange of zeroing your gauge too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I like this idea, I don't like the idea of buffing boxers. Even with recent nerfs, they're still too powerful. I'd be more into this idea if boxers actually needed to use hit checks and such for their attacks and sturm effected that somehow.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I honestly don't know why Scharfe is even a thing. Boxers doesn't use hit and critical because all of their skills are autohits. I haven't seen anyone who uses Scharfe even for other builds.
I like the idea, if it's too powerful, we can always discuss this again.
"Grandpa" Wrote:While I like this idea, I don't like the idea of buffing boxers. Even with recent nerfs, they're still too powerful. I'd be more into this idea if boxers actually needed to use hit checks and such for their attacks and sturm effected that somehow.

It's not actually a 'buff', if you see. That's why I called it an 'adjustment' in my title, if this goes through, it will end up being more a 'new playstyle' sort of thing for Boxers.

One that Boxers will build up for different pseudo-finishers that gives them a drawback of being unable to benefit from Schwarz Sturm for 1-3 rounds.

So this is simply trading their high damage for a single Schwarz Sturm-based utility buff. (For a higher chance to Silence on Sturm Shriek, or a bigger Flatfoot on Felhook, or a global range on Korkenziher, or simply more hits on the underwhelmed Regenshauer.)

Though, that made me remember about one thing, if Scharfe adds Schwarz Sturm like this, people can always exploit this to score a Grandupper on their second rightly guessed Geist Schritt. So yeah, please consider this added to my purposed changes above, in an edit. Excuse me.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd like to posit that under nearly all circumstances an adjustment is a buff because you're making the X less clunky and more efficient. That aside, I feel the FP cost is too low, that's all. If you're going to treat SS like a resource and not a high score, that'd make the class more interesting, if nothing else.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!